PDA

View Full Version : Kicking myself!

Shamai
06-12-2012, 09:47 PM
One of my parents made a comment yesterday that is really niggling me - why couldn't I have responded with an instant witty, yet professional, reply instead of just smiling back at her.

We were discussing holidays over Christmas and I said that I wasn't working on 2nd January and she said "Oh yes that's right I let you have the day off".

Answers on a postcard please....:mad:

silvermist
06-12-2012, 09:49 PM
"Yes, and I gave you a day to spend with your child for a change!" :laughing::laughing:

lynnfi
06-12-2012, 10:03 PM
You know what, I think you gave her the best response that could be. Silence, and a smile. Because this is all that's deserved really.:clapping:

She obviously did this to annoy you, as she knows you are self employed, and it does seem to bother her, so pushing on buttons. She couldn't stop herself and be smarter.

You on the opposite were smart enough not to answer back, because her comment is not even worth a word.

And a smile shows how above her you feel!

So look at it this way, give it some perspective. She cannot possibly know what was going on in your feelings and head when you remained silent. If you had answered some witty remark, she would have been happy, she is searching for some "witty fight". Better do without, believe me.

Next time I would be more prepared, especially not to react to this kind of stupidity. Prepared to remain professional.

silvermist
06-12-2012, 10:15 PM
You know what, I think you gave her the best response that could be. Silence, and a smile. Because this is all that's deserved really.:clapping:

She obviously did this to annoy you, as she knows you are self employed, and it does seem to bother her, so pushing on buttons. She couldn't stop herself and be smarter.

You on the opposite were smart enough not to answer back, because her comment is not even worth a word.

And a smile shows how above her you feel!

So look at it this way, give it some perspective. She cannot possibly know what was going on in your feelings and head when you remained silent. If you had answered some witty remark, she would have been happy, she is searching for some "witty fight". Better do without, believe me.

Next time I would be more prepared, especially not to react to this kind of stupidity. Prepared to remain professional.

I agree, we all wish we could answer with witty comments but being the true professionals we are, we smile sweetly and say nowt. I certainly wouldnt be loosing any sleep over it hunny xxx

lynnfi
06-12-2012, 10:19 PM
I really like yours though!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

lynnfi
06-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Sorry, talking to you Silvermist :laughing:

silvermist
06-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I really like yours though!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I know we could never say it but dontcha just wish you could! Just once! :laughing::laughing:

Chimps Childminding
07-12-2012, 09:44 AM
I know we could never say it but dontcha just wish you could! Just once! :laughing::laughing:

Oh Yes!!!!!!! :D

Shamai
07-12-2012, 11:26 AM
I know I shouldn't let it get to me and have forgotten about it already :) As for the selfish lady who sat in the petrol garage having a Costa coffee for TEN minutes while I was stuck behind her car at the pump, I didn't smile at her sweetly this morning! I sound like a right moaner but I'm OK really x

nikki thomson
08-12-2012, 10:38 PM
I know I shouldn't let it get to me and have forgotten about it already :) As for the selfish lady who sat in the petrol garage having a Costa coffee for TEN minutes while I was stuck behind her car at the pump, I didn't smile at her sweetly this morning! I sound like a right moaner but I'm OK really x

Drives me mad too, especially when the garage is busy and there queuing out the for court, and then they start faffing about when they get back to the car....I'm like when your ready and swear under my breath, I'm getting sooo grumpy in my old age, lol. X