PDA

View Full Version : help needed!

jellyelly
06-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Does anybody know if you can buy anything that you can put over a doorstep to make them safe for little people? I have a conservatory that I use as a playroom but the children also use the dining room (as its warmer!). There is a door between the rooms that's an outside door, its kept open so they can go between the rooms but they think its brilliant to stand in the doorway and despite my asking them not to this morning one has gone bump!! I need something to go over the step but I don't want to create a trip hazard, has anyone got any ideas???

loocyloo
06-12-2012, 11:26 AM
sorry! no idea!

i used ot use my conservatory and the LOs liked to balance on the doorframe between the 2 rooms! i used to just make sure the door was locked back so it wouldn't trap them!

i'm now using my playroom, and this time i have a big stone step between the 2 rooms! all my LOs can manage this and again, i have made sure door is locked open so no trapped fingers. one LO has been balancing on it & jumping off!

good luck x

nipper
06-12-2012, 02:31 PM
What about one of those heavy duty mats with the rubber around the edge, they're slighter lower profile than most mats and might be suitable for bridging the threshold between the two rooms. I have a washable one that I got from Dunelm, just inside my front door as an extra 'mud catcher'.