PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got flappers?

jadavi
06-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Morning everyone
I've worked a lot with children with special needs so may be overly sensitive to the signs bit I have a lad of a year who flaps when he's excited and is quite slow in his developing (no effort to stand yet but does crawl)
Anyone else had flappers who were fine? Or who can reassure me?

gegele
06-12-2012, 08:00 AM
:-) I had a flapper who worried me a while but he turned out nothing was wrong :-)

minkzebell
06-12-2012, 01:02 PM
I had a flapper and , like you, was worried........then her baby brother turned into a flapper too, obviously runs in their family:laughing: The girl is now 6 and still does it, but is fine in all aspects of development

VeggieSausage
06-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I have one who flaps and I have a few concerns but his mother flaps a bit too when excited ....but I have a few concerns about her too!!!.....so I am not sure if it will turn out to be anything or not...wait and see?

sarah707
06-12-2012, 02:53 PM
This is an interesting and sensitively written article -

Understanding Hand-Flapping and What To Do (or Not Do) About It « ASpiring Dad (http://aspiringdad.wordpress.com/2008/01/30/understanding-hand-flapping-and-what-to-do-or-not-do-about-it/)

You'll need to wait and see really if it's a sign of something in the future then there will be other indications which will develop over time.

xx

jadavi
06-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks Sarah very interesting article and 200 replies!