PDA

View Full Version : Need some money!!!

SonnysMummy
22-06-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm having a little moan:rolleyes: I'm panicking really ladies and i would appreciate any advice that you can sling my way!!!

I rang the CRB place AGAIN on friday and my bloke's CRB is STILL out with local police!!!:censored: When i first rang they said it's 4 weeks at the most and now... 6 weeks later...it's "we can't say how long it will be!!!!!!!!!!!"

I am just desperate to get started because we cannot cope for much longer on just my fiance's income. He's a teacher but with the mortgage, bills, food ect for us all we are struggling. We never can afford to do anything...buy anything, have a holiday ect and we're arguing because he wants me to start bringing some money in...which i do too but childminding is what i really want to do!!! I've started advertising so that i can hopefully get some mindees lined up for when i am registered...but i haven't heard anything yet...and it's obviously still going to be a while until it's all sorted:(

I don't know what to do. I'm probably going to have to get a temporary job but what a load of hassle that's going to be while trying to set up my childminding at the same time!!! Also getting a job is easier said than done...

Blaze
22-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I would become a pain in the rear end to your local police station...also OFSTED told me that if it's longer then 4 then to let them know & they'll chase it up....it may be that you have to get a part-time job, as it can take a while to get going...depends on demand in your area.

SonnysMummy
22-06-2008, 09:26 PM
I think i'll phone Ofsted tomrrow then and ask them to kick a boot up the CRB place!!!:angry:
I think i am going to have to get a part time job. Goodness knows what though!!! Also...i can't take something on where they think i'm going to be staying permanently because then i'd have to give 4 weeks notice which if then mindees come along, wouldn't be good!!! If i join a temping agency the work will probably be in an office...i have done this work for a short time before but i was rubbish!!!!!!:eek: I've thought about trying to find some kind of agency where i can apply to be bank staff for nurseries but i can't find any...also i might not get enough hours to earn enough to get by...:huh:

sarah707
23-06-2008, 06:54 AM
It's a really tricky one ...

Can you work evenings? I used to do a pub job to help get by when I was married...

Just be careful not to get dragged in by all those 'get rich quick schemes' ... so tempting and soooo rubbish! :(

angeldelight
23-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Poor you

Hope things start moving for you soon

Sending good luck vibes

Angel xxx

SimplyLucy
23-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Advertise yourself for babysitting in the evenings.

I did this when my children were tiny and we were short of money.

I'm guessing your CRB has come through, so you can use this as a good advertising point, also state that you are in the process of registering as a childminder.

I charged £5 an hour and that was 7/8 years ago so I'm sure you could charge a bit more.

On the plus side you'll be getting yourself known as a childcarer thus promoting your childminding business.

Good luck.

katickles
23-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Lucy has a god idea there - that maybe worth thinking about.

I do hope that your oh's CRB comes back soon & you get some enquiries.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you & like blaze says - get on the phone everyday until they are sick of hearing from you & get it done.

Good luck :)

tulip0803
23-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I know the CRBs are a pain when they take soooooooo long. I hope it comes back quickly and you can get started

Heaven Scent
23-06-2008, 11:42 AM
If your other halves CRB was done in the past 3 years then you could use that while waiting for the this one.

aly
23-06-2008, 12:23 PM
If your other halves CRB was done in the past 3 years then you could use that while waiting for the this one.

I didn't think you could as I thought however many you have you HAVE to have a different one for each setting???

jaja
23-06-2008, 12:27 PM
i hope everything hurrys up for you xxxx

Banana
23-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I really hope they speed things up for you!

its very frustrating

xxx

cuddlybunny38
23-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi we didnt have to do new crbs as myself, hubby and daughter had them done within the last 12 months due to our previous jobs, all they did instead was a quick social services check to see if any thing was flaged against our names takes about 2 weeks then that was it. Also have you got a local manpower agencey near you they do temp work but it can be anything, I am with mine as a carer for disabled people.

FizzysFriends
23-06-2008, 01:03 PM
My friend is registered with a babysitting agency, you have to show them your CRB and they get referances for you but at least they get the work for you.

SonnysMummy
23-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks for all the answers ladies:) I have thought about babysitting actually but don't think this would earn enough to be honest. I need a proper wage coming in:rolleyes: I'll check out the manpower agency...

I have some news....
Firstly i rung Ofsted and they said that they can't chase up the CRB until it's been 8 weeks since CRB received it. Apparently it's 8 weeks for me on wednesday so after then that's what they are going to do...hopefully it won't be long now!!!

Got some good news too...
Dropped some leaflets around my neighbourhood this morning and by lunchtime i had my very first enquiry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:so happy:
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much yet but YAY!!!

I have afew questions though that hopefully you guys can help me with...
Firstly she said her little boy is 3 and she needs a childminder because she can't get him into a nursery for september and she wants to go back to work, so she wants me to have him in the mornings instead of him going to nursery. Is this allowed? I know children don't have to go to nursery and they can start schoolat 4 but then again wouldn't she get funding if she sent him to a private nursery because obviously she won't get funding for me???

I told her that i haven't got my certificate yet so couldn't start straight away and she said that's fine. She's coming to look around on Thursday. So if she comes and decides she does want to send her little one to me can i then arrange to meet to sign all the permission form/registration forms etc...? Am i right to think we can't sign any contracts or take a deposit until i have my certificate? Can i start the settling in as long as i don't look after him for more than 2 hours a day???

Anyway...i'm very excited!!! She sounded really nice too. She said she doesn't want him to miss out with not going to nursery but i guess as we're all going to be following EYFS it doesn't make much difference anyway. We're doing the same as the nursery anyway!!!
I may only have to get some kind of job for a month or so and then be ready to start childminding in September:)

SonnysMummy
24-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Any ideas ladies? Should he go to a nursery? He would get funding in a private nursery, wouldn't he? My partner say not to tell her that as i'd lose the mindee but i'd feel bad not saying anything!!! But then again she would only be funded for the 12.5 hours per week, wouldn't she, and then have to pay the rest...?

brillminder
24-06-2008, 10:14 AM
ring ofsted an tell them you have a client and ring crb too again make a pest of your self , keep advertising
Lug here -what about one of my bags too :)
and i have made some that say
My Mummies a childminder !
on good luck sounds like thins are moving :)
maybe you could care for the child at their house as nanny type arrangement till yours is all threw :)

Heaven Scent
24-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Wey hey, don't be so daft with regard to the nursery - why are you trying to do yourself out of work?

Its up to her to make the choice for her child and if she wants a childminder then your the woman for the job. I'm sure you could do the visits while waiting for your certificate so long as its not for more than 2 hours per day also mum could stay for the first visit then for a while of the second visit also no money would be changing hands.

Also how many hours per day does she want you do have him - is it mornings only and/or is it every day?

SonnysMummy
24-06-2008, 09:13 PM
I guess so...it is her choice...i'll be doing everything he would be doing at nursery anyway:)
So far all i know is it's for mornings. I'll ask all the questions when she comes round on thursday:) Fingers crossed...

Mrs.L.C
27-06-2008, 04:20 PM
hi just seen your post. Hope it went well.

Do you have a sure start/childrens centre near you?

I worked at our local one for abit whilst I was getting the minding going and I could do the shifts i chose then stop without any notice as we were a bank of creche workers so there were always others...just had to get my name down quick on the days I could do and the pay wasnt bad