PDA

View Full Version : What's a quality assessment visit?

mamabear
05-12-2012, 04:45 PM
I've just had a message from the preschool learning alliance, they want to come and do a quality assessment visit. What is this? What will they be looking for?
Thanks!

Pixie dust
05-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Are you a member of the pre-school learning alliance?
Our local early years have a quality assurance scheme where they basically go through all your paperwork/plans etc to look at your practice and then you get given a rating depending on how well you do. We have a lovely fat folder to complete and have to provide evidence to back it up. It's like an Ofsted inspection but in more detail from my experience:(

sarah707
05-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Do you have to have one? Is it a requirement of membership of something?

If so there should be a list of things they are looking for - else you are taking a test without seeing the curriculum which is not fair :(

Hugs xx

mamabear
05-12-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm a member of the ncma, but not the preschool learning alliance as far as I know. Would this be a RAG visit? I had one before and they asked to see my SEF. Can anyone recommend a (very simple) SEF form I can use?

JCrakers
05-12-2012, 06:38 PM
I had a quality assessment visit when I became accredited.

It was basically a scoring of my setting. I got a 2a which is a high good. :thumbsup:

I had to score myself first which was a bit like the sef but just give myself a scoring

They looked at different areas like safeguarding, promoting good hygiene etc

Pixie dust
05-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Yes the same as RAG, why would the pre school learning alliance be doing this or are they responsible for this in your area. as I know they have a large presence in some areas on behalf of the local early years including being responsible for early years training etc.