PDA

View Full Version : numbers and visitor's children

carlys
04-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Hiya can any help me please?
I was just wondering if i was to have a visitor round when childminding with their child, does their child impact on my numbers (child would be 2) or because the parent is there it wouldn't count? does that make sense. It wouldn't go over my numbers allowed for planning.
Thank you!

hectors house
04-12-2012, 04:54 PM
As long as the parent stays with their child and takes full responsibility then you can invite who you like round. As long as your attention stays with your mindees, you can't leave the room even just to pop to the loo unless your visitor has been CRB checked too.

Candy apple
04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
i didnt know you could have freinds to visit, thank you for asking this question cause now i know too. it would be nice for the baby to have another freind to play with and my friend has got a baby a little bit younger, she hasn't been crb checked so can she still come as long as i take the my childminder baby with me if i go out of the room?

silvermist
04-12-2012, 08:50 PM
I have my sister and friends with children over loads for playdates. Its brill to see them all playing together etc. I have crb for my sister so if i need the loo she is there. I asked permission of all parents first but they were really happy their children would be meeting new friends etc. Plus its a very isolating job so having company is a bonus xx

hulahooper
04-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Thia is good to know. Thanku.

Sent from my LT26i using Childminding Forum

rickysmiths
05-12-2012, 12:46 AM
i didnt know you could have freinds to visit, thank you for asking this question cause now i know too. it would be nice for the baby to have another freind to play with and my friend has got a baby a little bit younger, she hasn't been crb checked so can she still come as long as i take the my childminder baby with me if i go out of the room?

Yes of course you can have friends round when you are childminding and you can go to friends houses or meet them for coffee or a lunch out. I have done and do all of theses things. No they don't have to be CRB'd as long as they are not left alone with the children. Also of course if you go out you need to RA where you are going.