PDA

View Full Version : Indoor pets and childmiding

Kevin1964
04-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Just wondering in door pets (A cat) that use A dirt tray in the hall know. If I put the dirt tray in the kitchen and do not allow children in the Kitchen world ofsterd allow this.

Thanks

Regards

Kevin

hectors house
04-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Ofsted would allow it but not sure if you providing any food of any kind (ie: even just snacks) whether the Environmental health would happy with it - can you not put it upstairs or somewhere children don't have access?

Kevin1964
04-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Ofsted would allow it but not sure if you providing any food of any kind (ie: even just snacks) whether the Environmental health would happy with it - can you not put it upstairs or somewhere children don't have access?

Thanks for reply we live in a flat so was thinking of keeping it in the Kitchen on the floor and not allowing children in Kitchen.

Candy apple
04-12-2012, 06:11 PM
i don't think enviroment health would like cat toilet in the kitchen, it must be against the rules for that to happen for food hygene.

mrs robbie williams
04-12-2012, 07:01 PM
id say they wouldnt be happy if it is an open cat litter tray in the kitchen where you are preparing food, how about getting one of those enclosed cat tray things? not sure tbh as mine go in and out the cat flap and have done as soon as they were able to

tas
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I have an enclosed litter tray which has been kept in the kitchen for the last 4 years during that time i've had an environmental health visit for which I got 5 stars, (not that they count anymore but it shows that a litter tray is not a problem) and an ofsted inspection and both were happy and didn't question it.

Just make sure its always kept clean and no babies/toddlers can access it

mushpea
04-12-2012, 07:58 PM
the envoiromental health told me off for just having the cats food in the kitchen as she said it encouraged them in to a food area, she probably never had cats as she didnt get that they wander anywhere anyway!
I would get one of those enclosed ones as you can tell ofsted its extra protection for the kids too so it will hopefully earn you bonus points lol
we have 2 cats, a dog and a rabbit all indoors and all in the dinning room during the day and ofsted had no probs with this

Kevin1964
05-12-2012, 07:44 AM
thanks all that what I do I get a inclosed Cat tray Mamny many thanks

All the best

Kevin