PDA

View Full Version : Story sacks

It's a small world
04-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi

I have just purchased some bags for story sacks and wondered what was the best transfer paper everyone uses to transfer the image to their story sacks . Done it before but they were rubbish hence making new ones x

sarah707
04-12-2012, 10:52 AM
I make labels and laminate them, then hole punch and tie them on with ribbon.

It means I can change the contents of the sack quickly and easily when interest wanes :D

lynncjt
04-12-2012, 10:54 AM
What sacks do you use? I'm just using boxes at the moment but I think a sack would be better.

It's a small world
04-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Just bought 10 bags from ebay about £5 . Not drawstring as with my last lot lo's kept putting them round their necks. These are like shopping bag. Sarah a much better idea thank you will pinch that idea xxx

IndigoMoon
05-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Bags with handles is a brilliant idea. No idea about the printing paper but was thinking of making t shirts for next year so would be interested to know too.

It's a small world
13-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Opted for Sarahs option of printing little cards on so can easily change themes :-)

jackie 7
13-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok I need help but what are story sacks?

k1rstie
13-12-2012, 10:10 PM
I use T-shirt printing paper. I have got it from sainburys before when on offer, and the last lot was from ebay.

Top tips

- read the instructions (how you iron, and when you take off the paper is key)

- Print on the t-shirt setting on your printer (one of the selections where you would normally select A4 printer paper), this also reverses the image, so the pictures and any words are the right way round

-Ebay sell a large range of bags, draw string and tote bag style - double check the measurements with a tape measure, so that you are ordering the bag size you really want

I have brought already made story sac bags (empty) from ebay, a great range of designs, and I love the hand knitted resources they also sell. I have a lovely knitted set for the hungry caterpillar, and wonderful hot cross buns

blue bear
13-12-2012, 11:45 PM
I bought my bags from crafty crocodiles, they are small, just right for little people. Got the paper from amazon, but I also draw on the bag with fabric pens.