PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

melco
04-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi,

I have an 22month old who does struggle with crafty things and I also have 12mth old today. I want to do something crafty with them that is christmassy. Any ideas?

I have brought snow globes for them to make next week that I put a picture in of them to send home as Christmas presents for the parents but this is something I will have to do myself as too tricky for them. I have an activity book for the older children and we are going to make snow flakes tonight but just have no idea for the younger ones.

Thanks in advance

melco

JCrakers
04-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Maybe handprints for the 22m old. Or I would maybe just do red and green hand printing.
For my 23m old I drew a tree and gave him brown,red,orange and yellow to make leaves with his fingers for our autumn theme. He had great fun although it didn't look like a tree at the end of it...:laughing:

People may shoot me for this but I don't do craft with 12m olds. I wait until they are older for a few reasons. If I did a craft with them I would have to do it myself and then its not their work. I don't like seeing mums at toddler group doing crafts for their children because they are too young to do them, there's no point it's not their work.
They also eat the paint/glue and when I have three children its a nightmare. :panic: and I don't like the mess it creates, on chairs, floor, walls, table,hair,face,clothes etc. :blush:

I have a nearly 4yr old who I do loads with but when she first started at 8m I didn't do anything crafty until she was old enough to (prob 19m ish)

So I always do loads and loads of crafts when they are older.

hectors house
04-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Have just done hand and foot prints to make into a reindeer with the 11 month old - ok he didn't contribute or get much out of it, but sure his parents will love it. - he did smile when I painted his hands and toes with brush.

Have also done green handprints with the 18 month & 2 1/2 year old to turn into a Xmas wreath and then we did yellow and blue handprints for their angel calendars.

We did toilet roll reindeer yesterday from Happy Hooligans website and sandpaper gingerbread men from same site - the 11 month old played with the buttons and enjoyed the texture of sandpaper so even though I glued on the buttons he still took part in the exploring.

angeldelight
04-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Have you tried the fake snow from pound land

It's brilliant you get a small tube of it add water and it expands you get lots and it feels cold like snow

My little ones have enjoyed it,it's great for sensory play,add cars and animals or small containers for them to tip and pour

The cheapest activity suitable for all ages

Angel xxx

mrs robbie williams
04-12-2012, 02:01 PM
i bought some of that a while ago but read a thread on here about it and it sounded like the stuff nightmares are made of so havent used it :laughing::laughing: