PDA

View Full Version : Opportunities and Intentions planning

harleyrider
03-12-2012, 11:29 PM
My l.a have asked me to use their mid term planning format. I provide care for funded children. Part 1:Opportunities & experiences, part 2: Potential learning intentions taken from d.m.
Does anybody else work with same/similar system?? Just wondering how it works for you? Do you complete them for themes, monthly or terms/seasons?
Maybe I'm over thinking them but you know how it is when your comfortable with the way you already work :-\

miffy
04-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Why have the LA asked you to use their format? Unless there is a good reason, like you need to do it to stay accredited, then I'd tell them you're happy with the way you're doing things atm.

Miffy xx

sarah707
04-12-2012, 07:48 AM
It's just fancy wording!!

Opportunities and experiences - the activities you intend to plan for the children

Potential learning experiences taken from DM - go through Development matters and think about how your planning links to the EYFS.

You can do a routine to start with and link it to the EYFS. These are the things you do most days like nap time (PSED / PD), snack and lunch (C & L, PD) etc...

Then on top of all those experiences you add your other planning.

However, as Miffy says if you are happy with what you already do then why change things??

Hth :D