PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on storage boxes please!

rengin99
03-12-2012, 11:09 PM
My house is bring taken over my toys can anyone suggest where to get storage boxes from? I want ones I can store a whole range of items from craft bits books to tractors and train sets thanks as always

littlemiss60561
04-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Hi
I found mine in Home base.I have low level multicoloured 6xstorage basket units and the children can access these easily (as well as empty each one out into a pile......) and one 6 big box unit.didnt come with boxes. stores all the cars/trains/ bigger things. was in the sale fortunatly! good luck. I can empathise!
Helene x

lynncjt
04-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Do you want to go for plastic or natural?

I have some of both, the clear plastic are good as you can see what's in them but great looking or natural which are nicer looking but you need to label.

I have one unit similar to this Farmhouse Ivory 10 Drawer Chest (http://www.cotswoldco.com/farmhouse-ivory-10-drawer-chest/) but a lot cheaper for books as the drawers come out very easily and have plastic boxes for the toys. I got my boxes at Focus but Costco have some also Morrisons.

miffy
04-12-2012, 07:39 AM
I've recently bought some clear plastic ones from Ikea, they come in all sorts of sizes but will stack on top of each other.

Miffy xx

Kevin1964
04-12-2012, 06:13 PM
QD had some in all sizes

kareninluton
24-12-2012, 08:59 PM
I use IKEA trofast. I got most of my frames off eBay, just don't bid too high. It's got 3 different sized boxes which fit most frames and also a smaller box too. EBay was great for getting it. I recommend the wooden frames rather than the white ones. You can attach them to the wall easier. the boxes are colourful too. I will try and add pictures to my Facebook page Karen Robertson Childminding so you can see. As a mother of 5 also, its the only storage system I have found works. We use them for toys, childminded children's stuff like nappies or toys they bring as well as paperwork and we have one for hairbands, brushes etc. They are very versatile. Hope that helps. Karen