PDA

View Full Version : Could I / should I rearrange everyone?!!

smurfette
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
H all ... In another conundrum!! Mum of two little ones I ad hoc for has just been offered a part time job (2.5 days a week) and wants me to have the little ones. As things stand I can't fit in but would love to help as they are lovely kids and as it is part time and temp she will prob have trouble getting care.

I have two other part time little ones who I think I may be able to move, but am wondering if I should! One mum uses five days one week and three the next as they don't/can't pay me full time but I have always said if someone wants those two days we will have to look at it again.. Lo has been with me 18 months and I have turned work down as I don't want to upset them and have usually managed to pick uP some ad hoc to suit. Other mum uses tues/wed/thurs full days for her eldest and half days for the baby,, I know Monday and Friday don't suit her so well, but really she isn't paying for a full time space so surely I can ask her to be flexible? What do u guys think?

VeggieSausage
03-12-2012, 01:29 PM
you will never know unless you speak to them, I would try I think....

blue bear
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Can you not grant yourself a variation and do all four?

smurfette
03-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Can you not grant yourself a variation and do all four? , no unfortunately not as I also have a little fella four days a week, but his hours are set due to mums hours. We can have up to 5 preschoolers here in Ireland, but my issue is mainly car space as even though I have a 7 seater, I have to pick up my three from school in the car at 2 pm.