PDA

View Full Version : Tipper Alert!!

migimoo
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Got a new 2yr old LO start last week and she's a serial tipper....will cheerfully empty every single toy box out onto the floor,walks all over the toys,play with absolutely nothing and walk off to play with my vertical blinds!:angry:

I dont have a seperate playroom so it looks like a tornado's blown through my house.

From her next session i'll be getting just a small selection of toys out and blocking off my Ikea storage which I use for free choice which seems unfair on other LO's but it's getting unsafe to walk around and hopefully will help her focus.

Has anyone else done this?

ziggy
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM
I posted on here last week to say i had put most of toy boxes in bedroom and have just left out a few boxes, the soft toys and a box of books.

I think you are doing the right thing, no point having toys all over floor getting broken

VeggieSausage
03-12-2012, 01:34 PM
am going through a period of rationing as we speak!

mindingmummy08
03-12-2012, 01:38 PM
I have a tipper, I changed my storage to clear but lidded boxes and now it's one out at a time with tidy up in between, he does focus a lot better now but if he can find an open container eg my story sack he will tip it out in a frenzy lol!

lynncjt
03-12-2012, 04:18 PM
I've got one the same! 2.5yr old boy, first day here and all the tubs were tipped up and out! I moved open containers out of the playroom and the just left the clear lidded ones, he now knows he can only have 1 or two out at a time.

I've also given him things to tip, eg lots of containers and milk tops, or straws and pringles tubes. He's only been here 4 weeks but has calmed down a lot now.

migimoo
03-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Glad to hear i'm not alone:clapping:

It's just SOO annoying-i'm very easygoing and the LO's know they can have out anything they want as long as we have a little tidy up now and then....it's the tipping out then walking straight off i can't stand plus she speaks no english and ignores any polish I speak so am struggling to teach her to tidy up...am showing by example and praise but obviously that means i'm doing a lot of it!!

She is also the only LO who is messing with my xmas deccies...so far today she's taken loads of baubles off the tree(then just dropping them and walking off),pulled all the buttons off Santa cushion,pulled a set of lights off the door frame,broken wire glasses on another santa and taken baby Jesus out of the nativity and put him in the garden:laughing:

Note to self:Tis the season of goodwill:D

nipper
03-12-2012, 10:05 PM
taken baby Jesus out of the nativity and put him in the garden:laughing:

Awww that's quite funny actually. Hope he didn't catch a chill!

k1rstie
04-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Glad to hear i'm not alone:clapping:

It's just SOO annoying-i'm very easygoing and the LO's know they can have out anything they want as long as we have a little tidy up now and then....it's the tipping out then walking straight off i can't stand plus she speaks no english and ignores any polish I speak so am struggling to teach her to tidy up...am showing by example and praise but obviously that means i'm doing a lot of it!!

She is also the only LO who is messing with my xmas deccies...so far today she's taken loads of baubles off the tree(then just dropping them and walking off),pulled all the buttons off Santa cushion,pulled a set of lights off the door frame,broken wire glasses on another santa and taken baby Jesus out of the nativity and put him in the garden:laughing:

Note to self:Tis the season of goodwill:D

it may take a while!!!!!!:group hug:

watgem
04-12-2012, 07:56 AM
I have one too, aged 28 months, I've reduced the toys available but like you say its unfair on the others, so now I'm helping him to pack them away before he goes on to the next "tip", , he did give me some looks that could kill at first, but seems to quite enjoy it now if its made like a game, and I've put some little pots f objects that are his to tip, all seems to be helping, but we are off to another CM today so will see what happens there