PDA

View Full Version : radiator covers

Kevin1964
03-12-2012, 12:34 PM
I just a question I am at the start of becoming a childminder and looking at things I can do for the ofstend visit ( I know i got a long way to go) Do I need to cover the bathroom radiator with a cover . All so where do I buy them.

Thanks

Kevin

kats
03-12-2012, 01:33 PM
I dont have covers on any of my radiators, i just keep them at a temperature that is not too hot if little fingers were to touch them!! :)

Maza
03-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I have a radpad which I got online. They use them in care homes and some nurseries apparantly. My Ofsted inspector liked it but had never seen one before, so no, you do not have to have one! I don't use mine anymore but I guess it was quite useful when I had a really physical toddler who used to come racing around the corner where the radiator was. I used it to soften the corners/edges of the radiator as it wasn't really hot. As long as you risk assess you should be fine.

Kevin1964
03-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the reply's I looked and I can set each one to a very low temp for little hands . Maza I think that a radpad might be a good idea :)

rickysmiths
03-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I have never needed to use them even when we didn't have rad temp valves. When I did have one at the end of a hall I just put a double folded thick towel over it.

loocyloo
03-12-2012, 04:33 PM
i have one on the radiator in my playroom as its quite hig up the wall, and sticks out ( and just didn't look nice LOL! )

bought an mdf radiator cover on amazon!