PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED

KARENBE
03-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Ofsted interview on BBC Breakfast at moment.

watgem
03-12-2012, 06:48 AM
I missed the first bit, but the bit I saw did seem to make sense, although as the presenter pointed out you can't make parents take their children to nursery. It would be nice though if the powers that be could emphasise the importance and responsiblity of parents in getting children "ready for school" and supporting their development

KARENBE
03-12-2012, 07:09 AM
The ofsted lady was talking about closing the Achievement Gap and about funding for very young children.
She said that where providers work together e.g. network childminders, they tend to provide much stronger better quality provision as the people working within them tend to be better qualified, so are more skilled in helping very young children learn.
Ofsted would like to see providers working together and they believe in that way the youngest children particularly disadvantaged will benefit more.
She mentioned that Childrens Centres are best placed to provide this - wish she had included childminders in that part of her statement!

watgem
03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I know I don't think we got a mention at all

watgem
03-12-2012, 03:11 PM
I know I don't think we got a mention at all

loocyloo
03-12-2012, 05:31 PM
our local childrens centre is just a 'hub' where activities happen, training is held, and offices where Parent Support Officers/DOs etc are based.

i know of other 'childrens centres' that are just an office, as everything they do is 'outreach'.