PDA

View Full Version : Christmas party

jashol
02-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Hi just wondered how people would charge or not charge for this I'm wanting to take my children to a Christmas party these are 8 pound a child but it starts at 5 pm until 7 pm as I don't finish working until 6 pm I was going to pay to take the others whom I look after with me all in all this would be 40 pounds which I don't mind as a Christmas treat! Would you pay for this ? And also work that extra 1 hr for nothing ? I'd ask the parents to pay something towards the party price but am not sure they would be willing which would make my little ones miss out any advice would be great thank you

jillplum
02-12-2012, 07:37 PM
I would tell the parents you are taking the children and paying for it as their christmas present with no extra charges for parents.

winstonian
02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
I did something similar last year and parents paid for the party tickets but I didnt charge for extra time. I have 3 children of my own to pay for and took them all to see Santa too (just so I dont sound like a grinch :))

samb
02-12-2012, 08:26 PM
I would say that's really generous of you and if you are happy to do it then go for it.