PDA

View Full Version : Health Protection Agency Exclusion/Contagious Illness Poster/Info

Pauline
02-12-2012, 03:47 PM
I've often meant to share this document, I found it really useful when having to tell parents that their child must be excluded for various illnesses, hope you find it useful too.

It is by the Health Protection Agency. HPA - Health Protection Agency Homepage - Protecting people, Preventing harm, Preparing for threats (http://www.hpa.org.uk)

FussyElmo
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks Pauline :thumbsup:

lynncjt
02-12-2012, 04:28 PM
That's great - all the ones I've found have been A3 size or bigger and I can't print them off!

Pauline
02-12-2012, 04:38 PM
That's great - all the ones I've found have been A3 size or bigger and I can't print them off!

I printed and laminated just the chart and keep it with my medication forms so that you always have the information to hand, especially when parents turn up with a child with a rash or something.

lilac_dragon
02-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks Pauline, really useful for when parents think you're making it up!

cathtee
02-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks Pauline I have one with Chicken Pox at the moment, mom asked when they could come back I said when all spots crusted only
went down with it yesterday so will be back week monday I think

k1rstie
02-12-2012, 09:58 PM
I give all my parents a copy of this in their parent pack, and put a line for them to sign in their contact to say they have received a copy of this and that they are aware of the 48 hour rule

Helcatt
02-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks for that. The one I have is printed too small, should be A3 I think, so this is much better

I will do as you suggest and laminate and have with my first aid box

HX

jadavi
03-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Pauline , where is the chart? I am only seeing articles on the web page.
Cheers
JA x

jadavi
03-12-2012, 03:58 AM
AH sorry -found it now - attached . I have been searching the site...reading more and more worrying things haha!

harleyrider
03-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Thank you. I have printed and put in plastic wallet on notice board (parents can see/read at drop off/collections). Putting a copy with first aid and getting parents to sign on reciept of a copy are great suggestions I will be implementing I think. Thanks

hectors house
03-12-2012, 07:43 AM
I have an A3 one displayed in my porch but am sure parents don't read it so am going to e-mail them yours as attachment today with their daily diary - thank you

shortstuff
03-12-2012, 10:44 AM
thanks Im printing it out now x

silvermist
03-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Thank you Pauline xxx

hectors house
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Maybe I should send a copy to our local comprehensive school - a mindees dad who is teacher there, dropped off child this morning, dad was wearing casual clothes - I asked "day off today" he replied he had phone call from school to say teenager in his class had hand, foot and mouth and as his wife is expecting a baby the school didn't know if he should be in school or not - even though the girl wasn't going to be in school! I pointed him in direction of my A3 poster and told him that there isn't an exclusion for the girl and it poses no known threat to pregnant women - I asked him if he meant slapped cheek and he said definitely was hand, foot and mouth. I reminded him that I sent home a text about 4 weeks ago warning all parents that a child in my setting had H F& M and just pointing out to them what symptoms to look out for.