PDA

View Full Version : paper CRB and why i havent got one ...help

dette
30-11-2012, 05:17 PM
I dont have CRB as ive been registered before they began and i'm sure ive seen somewhere possibly on here a document explaining why.never needed before but just had prospective parent asking to see it.can anyone help ..thanks in advance

hectors house
30-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Just explain to the prospective parents that the fact that you have a registration certificate issued by Ofsted proves that they were happy back when you registered or whenever Ofsted took over with your Police check and that you are who you say you are. Not sure when Ofsted took over I gave up in 1997 and it was still Social Services Under 8's team, but when I re-registered in 2005 it was Ofsted. Tell them that you have had several inspections since Ofsted took over, that you can't request a CRB as they won't issue you with one, because it isn't required and if necessary you can show the prospective parents your photo driving licence or passport!

funemnx
30-11-2012, 05:26 PM
I don't have one either - the fact that you are registered means that a CRB has been done and is sufficient so I've been told.... :)

merry
30-11-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't have one either and guy at Ofsted said they'd be happy to explain to parents/network co-ordinator/anyone who needed to know if they rang them to ask about it.

:)

christine e
30-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't have one either. Last year I seconded a proposal that NCMA lobby for all childminders to have a CRB and in my address to the conference stated that if I were a parent seeking childcare and a childminder couldn't provide evidence of a CRB when another one could then I would be suspicious - if you are a member of NCMA I suggest you have a word on Monday and see if they can signpost you to any documentation that explains why some of us don't hold this evidence as I strongly believe it puts us at a disadvantage - in fact I will be getting in touch with them about it as the resolution was passed and I have not heard anything as to how things are going.

hello kitty
30-11-2012, 07:58 PM
I think I saw something on the Bromley website about that.

Hth

rickysmiths
30-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't have one either!

vals
30-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I recently spent hours looking for mine - now I know why I couldn't find it. I have been registered for over 17 years. No parent has even asked to see it, but I have been applying for a course and funding, and both forms asked for the number of my crb.

dette
01-12-2012, 01:44 PM
I think I saw something on the Bromley website about that.

Hth

ah maybe it was here ..i'll have a look

sarah707
01-12-2012, 02:46 PM
It's covered in the EYFS - requirement 3.10 -

The requirement for a criminal records check will be deemed to have been met in respect of all people living or working in childcare settings, whose suitability was checked by Ofsted or their local authority before October 2005.

Hth :D

mandy moo
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
I dont have one for CM either,
When I queried this with Ofsted, they basically said to tell prospective parents that Ofsted say, I wouldnt be a Ofsted Registered Childminder (show certificate) If I didnt have one!!

dette
03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
I dont have one for CM either,
When I queried this with Ofsted, they basically said to tell prospective parents that Ofsted say, I wouldnt be a Ofsted Registered Childminder (show certificate) If I didnt have one!!

thanks ..she's here in a minute so i'll quote that ...ta