PDA

View Full Version : Hi new and wondering if can help??

harleyrider
30-11-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm new to site not cming. But I'm confused on new eyfs re numbers. I've spoke to d.o who is unsure and trying to clarify for me. When speaking to ofsted they just keep quoting eyfs??
The situation is... I care for 1 child via cc paid from their funds this order runs out dec. They said they would'nt be able to pay for childs place with me come the new year. Therefore I have signed contracts with new family due to start Jan 8th. C.c have now been in touch to ask for childs place as they have more funding for the family!! Now this will mean I will have 3 two yr olds and a 7mth old for 4hours 1 day a week. I can provide for them but am I 'allowed' really not sure what to do. Please any helpful straight forward advice needed.
X

sarah707
30-11-2012, 01:09 PM
The rules are that you can grant a variation for yourself - it's called 'changing the conditions of your registration' if the following apply -

It is in exceptional circumstances AND it is for continuity of care (not new business).

As you are wanting to care for extra children as new business then no, you will not be allowed to do it I am afraid.

The rules are here - and this document has been checked by Ofsted so we know it is right :D

Changes to Conditions of Registration (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/changestoconditionsofregistration.html)

rachelle
30-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I'd say yes - the cc child had given notice when you took the others on making their return a continuity of care, not a variation for new business.

VeggieSausage
30-11-2012, 01:18 PM
I'd say yes - the cc child had given notice when you took the others on making their return a continuity of care, not a variation for new business.

me too....

cazzamuttitt
30-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi there,

I was registered in September and when they came to do my home visit the inspector said that I don't have to take the space requirements into consideration as a childminder "unless i really want to", this left me baffled?

Thanks
Caroline

harleyrider
30-11-2012, 04:48 PM
me too....

See this is my thinking? Order had finished hence I took on new contract signed to start when vacancy was available then informed space required again. I'm trying to juggle new cc order for a different day..but if I cannot I feel I will be over? As this is a crisis family it would'nt be fair for child to have to settle with another cm (it will only be until July) my heart is to give him placement back my head telling me it is bad buisness to back out of new contract..argghh x

blue bear
30-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I got a variation granted under the old system for exactly your situation, so I'd say yes.

WibbleWobble
30-11-2012, 05:07 PM
hello Harleyrider :clapping::clapping:

i am Bonnevillerider!

wibble xxxxxx

Boris
01-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I would say that as you've signed contracts with the new family it is continuity of care for the funded child. I would do it.

harleyrider
02-12-2012, 12:10 PM

i am Bonnevillerider!

wibble xxxxxx

I'm really sorry if I've misled you wibble, but I'm not sure what you think my name means :-/ . It's just a reference to my oh's name *embarrassed face. Although his dad has bsa's and triumphs??
X

bunyip
02-12-2012, 10:35 PM

i am Bonnevillerider!

wibble xxxxxx

Well that's something of a triumph for you, WibbleWobble :rolleyes:

harleyrider
03-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Just an update (if you were interested :-) )
1> I managed to change c.c child to different day, so no problem.
2> New parents phoned to say she would like to cancel contract, she'd been to see another cm who could give her child 1:1 care?!
3> My c.c child and their sibling were taken into care a few days before christmas :-(

AliceK
03-01-2013, 04:42 PM
2> New parents phoned to say she would like to cancel contract, she'd been to see another cm who could give her child 1:1 care?!
3> My c.c child and their sibling were taken into care a few days before christmas :-(

Oh No, sorry to hear all that :(

xxx

TAZ
03-01-2013, 04:51 PM

How frustrating for you all round:(

I hope you have a deposit to keep from the parents who are cancelling their contract.

FussyElmo
03-01-2013, 05:42 PM

Sorry to hear this about the child going into care.

Also to the mum who wants a cm who offers 1:1 - must have been lucky to find one perhaps you are better without