PDA

View Full Version : we live and learn

ziggy
30-11-2012, 09:00 AM
I became friendly with another minder locally. She took on a child i let go, due to behaviour problems. I have helped her with accounts books, photocopied attendance sheets etc for her etc. Not sure if any of you remember but i was 'there' for her when she had major falling out with one of her parents. I helped her write notice letter and called up to offer support when she was upset. She also calls me at least 3 times a day.

Now she doesnt seem to have any other friends and i had heard rumours that she wasnt very good at paying local tradesmen etc but she always seemed ok to me, although her constant calls were becoming a bit much. She helped me clean house on day i moved, which i really appreciated.

Anyway when i moved I gave her a couple of shelving units i didnt want and let her help herself to things i was intending to take to charity shop. Previously i had given her a computer desk, chair and a pushchair. She noticed i had a stair gate and fire guard i didnt want and asked how much i wanted for them as 'a friend of hers' wanted them. I said i wanted £25 for the two, so she took them day i moved and said she would get the money to me. That was over a month ago and i know it isnt a fortune but i feel abit annoyed. I asked her earlier in the week if she has the money as I could do with it with christmas coming up, she promised to bring it to playgroup today, just had long text which waffles on about all sorts but says she will get money saturday night and give it to me monday at playgroup.

I know £25 isnt a fortune but i feel i have been used. Especially when i heard yesterday that she is well known for not paying hairdressers, carpet cleaner, mechanic etc.

no relies required, just needed to vent

sarah707
30-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Money can really spoil friendships - and destroy families :(

Hugs xx

VeggieSausage
30-11-2012, 01:29 PM
maybe she is a good friend in financial trouble?......why not ask if everything is ok.....

ziggy
30-11-2012, 01:33 PM
well the way she is spending money on christmas i very much doubt that is the case

FussyElmo
30-11-2012, 01:38 PM
well the way she is spending money on christmas i very much doubt that is the case

yes but how is she paying for christmas - cash or credit?

Is the friendship worth losing over £25? Only you can tell us that.

ziggy
30-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I wouldnt stop speaking to her over it, tbh i just feel she has abused our friendship but i'm dont intend to make a big deal over it