PDA

View Full Version : ofsted reg visit looming + xmas decs...advice needed!

leeanne910
29-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Ok next week i have my ofsted registration visit which is scary enough.
Well im.looking for advice. The first of.dec every.year we put our decorations up.with our children and our tree. have i gotta leave it all :( or do.i.put them up and risk assess as its.my home...i dont know :(

k1rstie
29-11-2012, 10:42 PM
If in your situation I would not put up 'christmas' till after your inspection. I had mine on the 8th Dec, and waited until after to put up.

I do have a simple risk assesment for decorations including outside, and thinking about overloaded plugs and hanging down leads and wiring , hoovering up needles, etc.

kirstie

cathtee
29-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Put them up and risk assess, it is your home and I don't see why you should change a family tradition just because ofsted are
coming. Just watch where your wires are for the lights, and that they cannot be pulled by lo's. I always attach my tree to the curtain
rail with fishing wire so it can't be pulled over.

26 sleeps to christmas:clapping::cheerleader:

FussyElmo
30-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Get your tree up and risk assess it.

What about they were not coming till the 20th would you leave it then?

remember you are a home enviroment I bet you most of the children you look after will have trees at home :thumbsup:

Candy apple
30-11-2012, 06:46 AM
i agree with the other people, i would put mine up to.

samb
01-12-2012, 10:41 PM
I had my inspection dec 15th 2010 and I think it worked in my favour that I had my xmas tree up. I had done a risk assesment on it but I had also done some ra activities with the children and she loved them! I have a child ra sheet. The sections on it are... what are we doing? what do we need? what might go wrong/hurt us? what can we do? I had done this with the xmas tree, lights, ice in the week previous to my inspection. We had also made up some rules based on this and had displayed them - I cut out a xmas tree shape and then they stuck baubles on it with rules on. Rules being -look but don't touch, stay this side of the toy box (the tree is behind), if things fall off tell sam. Simple and pleasing on the eye.