PDA

View Full Version : buggy pod

christine e
22-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi guys
Saw a childminder with a buggy pod attached to her pushchair the other day and really liked the look of it but thought I would run it past you guys for your comments before I look into buying one. Does anyone have one?
Cx

Pauline
22-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Well, not sure if it applies to all types of pod, but a friend of mine had one and it kept coming off and was really unstable. :(

She wouldn't use it as she was worried about the baby getting hurt. Not sure what make it was.

christine e
22-06-2008, 02:09 PM
That doesn't sound very good - thanks for the info

Cx

ruby
22-06-2008, 03:02 PM
sorry haven't had one but don't think we would get one as it doesn't look stable enough for us.

cathy

Jinx
22-06-2008, 05:54 PM
I went to a local baby equipment shop and asked about these a few weeks ago. They said they had decided against stocking them as they are very small and there have been some problems with them collapsing with kids in them!
I know they have updated it recently, so I don't know if it is now better or not.
Sorry, I guess this isn't really much help. ;)

Jinx x

Tily Bud
22-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Oakie Dokie has one , you could try pm'ing her to ask what she thinks xx

squiggle
22-06-2008, 08:48 PM
i did have one and for a couple of months it was fine until it broke with my dd sitting in it and she cracked the side of her head on a brick wall!!!!

it was very lucky we wasn't on a main road cause the back part broke away from the pushchair and it swung sideways with her in it.

i wouldn't advise one

Jen x

oakie dokie
23-06-2008, 05:47 AM
i have a buggy pod, i had it attached to phil and teds, the wheel seemed to keep going in on its self and i had to keep pulling it out. i not sure if i had it attached correctly but never had the time to change it and the toddler i had in it, she was very heavy and quite big for nearly 2, i used it for a few weeks and then toddler walked . too much of a faff

oakie dokiex

Pudding Girl
23-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Why not ask the other minder if you could borrow it for a go to see if it suits?

Mrs.L.C
23-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I tried one last year and had the problem with it collapsing and found the seat quite small for a toddler but not sure if they new one is any better.

I have a seat to go buggy board and find this a lot better and for a younger child sitting on it i secure with reins

jaja
23-06-2008, 12:35 PM
they dont sound very good, i would be def put off buying one. What about a a seat to go? depends on the size of child though, good luck xx

christine e
23-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Why not ask the other minder if you could borrow it for a go to see if it suits?

Hi
Good suggestion but I don't actually know her just spoke to her at an event for Childminding ever.
Thanks for replying
Cx

christine e
23-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks to everyone for replying I think there have been enough negative remarks to put me off buying one - will stick with my double buggy. Just thought it might be easier for me to use one with a single buggy but I have definately gone off the idea

Thanks again guys

Cx