PDA

View Full Version : 11 month old routine. Please please share if you can share your routines

Fabby
28-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Could anyone share your 11 months old routine with me please? Trying to fit in breakfast, school run, outing, sleep, lunch, school run and poss another nap is now taking its toll on me whilst trying to stick to my lo's routine who is 21 months and the 3 year old routine who I also look after. I need them all asleep at the same time due to the 11 month old mindee who won't le me out of her sight and the fact that my 21 month needs it to be quiet to fall asleep or need me with Him to go to sleep. I'm stressing a lot a lot tis and need some kind of ideas. The 11 month old is on her 4th week with me now and she is very clingy and grumpy most days. HELP please anyone x

JCrakers
28-11-2012, 12:38 PM
My 11m doesn't arrive until 11am/11.30am so weve been out on school run and toddler group before she gets here. she plays for an hour with the two older girls. Lunch at 12/12.15

She then gets tired at about 1ish but will only sleep for half an hour. Out of the other two children who are here, 1 doesn't sleep (3) so will do quiet activity like playdoh or colouring and the other 3 yr old (nearly 4) has to have half an hours sleep otherwise she falls asleep walking to school, standing up.

I do put them in separate rooms as they just disturb each other if together. Three yr old sleeps on sofa with a sheet and pillow and the 11m old goes in the buggy or travel cot.

toddlers896
28-11-2012, 12:53 PM
I dont put all mine down to sleep at the same time as it just doesnt work for me.
I had a problem for 7 months to get a child to even take a nap and i was trying to get them all down at the same time. I have finally cracked it. It took a lot of frustration but I finally got there in the end.
Mine normally go down after playgroup about 11.30. I can tell if they are not tired and it will be a waste of time putting them down so i just wait until
she gets grumpy. I dont have a school run so i dont have the problem of getting the kids up to go on the school run so they can sleep anythime really.

k1rstie
28-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Trying to fit in breakfast, school run, outing, sleep, lunch, school run and poss another nap The 11 month old is on her 4th week with me now and she is very clingy and grumpy most days. HELP please anyone x

I have a new 10 month old too, also now on 4th week with me. I do not do the breakfast, but have to do the dinner at the other end (while also cooking for 5 bigger ones).
I struggle with so much food, there are not enough hours in the day to feed her all the food she has in her bag! She tends to get a bit grumpy later in the day, at dinner time. The first week, she was screaming so much, I was running round like a headless chicken, my six year old said in a grown up / slightly cross voice 'Mum, just give me her food, and I will feed her, or else we will never get our tea!!!!'

It took a week or so, but now she goes down straight away when I put her in the cot (thankfully!)

She will get better. It must be such a shock for many babies to no longer be the centre of the universe.

Rick
28-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Could anyone share your 11 months old routine with me please? Trying to fit in breakfast, school run, outing, sleep, lunch, school run and poss another nap is now taking its toll on me whilst trying to stick to my lo's routine who is 21 months and the 3 year old routine who I also look after. I need them all asleep at the same time due to the 11 month old mindee who won't le me out of her sight and the fact that my 21 month needs it to be quiet to fall asleep or need me with Him to go to sleep. I'm stressing a lot a lot tis and need some kind of ideas. The 11 month old is on her 4th week with me now and she is very clingy and grumpy most days. HELP please anyone x

I must admit I'm very lucky! 11 month old sleeps from 9 to 9.45ish, go to play group, have bottle there, back home, have lunch, then she and my son both nap at the same time about 1.30. Son sleeps in pushchair as normal in my room and 11 month old sleeps in son's cot. My son sleeps for 3 hours and 11 month old for an hour or so, so elder sister (3 years) gets one to one time. 11 month old gets some time then whilst elder sister does activity or plays and son still asleep. Bottle 3ish. Son wakes up, we all have dinner then they go home. I guess I don't do school run which would make the above more difficult maybe! :)

jillplum
28-11-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't do breakfast but have morning school run then toddler group or other outing. 1 year old and 2 year old stay awake all morning. Pick up 3 year old from nursery at 11.30 then home for lunch. 3 year old goes home 1.30 other two sleep till 3pm. In different rooms! School run then back home for snack and play till go home 4.30-5.00 ish. 1year old is just 1 and Mum sends loads of food for her but I only feed her at meal times and when she seems hungry and there is always food left at the end of the day. I think mums send food just in case! I don't do evening meal but will give 1 year old a yoghurt or fruit before she goes home if she seems hungry.

kel1983
28-11-2012, 02:52 PM
I mind a 11month old. He arrives at 8.30 so dont have to worry about breakfasts. He is usually ready for a sleep shortly after doing the school run and will have a bottle before he sleeps. He will then sleep for any where between 1-2 hours which gives us chance to do messy stuff with older ones or for them to have out the toys that are not suitable for him.

He has lunch a 12 with all the other children and then will have another sleep about 3 whilst doing the school pick up. He will have about an hours sleep which gives us chance to sort the older children and get the dinner ready or cooking. He will then sit and eat dinner at the same time as the older children. He is usually the last to leave at 5.45. We have been pretty lucky with him settling so well and he isnt really demanding

gegele
28-11-2012, 03:56 PM
I have 3 under 3 they're now 16months, 20months and nearly 3.

younger ones arrive between 7.30 and 8.
8.30 in buggy to school run, fell asleep in buggy, buggy in or in garden
9.40 wake lo to go to toddler group Nappy change plus drink
9.50 go out or do activity/play at home
12.00 lunch
12.30 nappy change/ wash / toilet
12.45 BEDTIME FOR EVERYONE!!!! everyone is put in their cot or bed with comforter teddy.... and that's it. Younger one use to cry for ages at first but got use to it.
14.30 wake the children nappy change
14.40 school run in buggy with drink and milk bottle for younger one
15.30 / 1600 back from school snack
17.00 dinner for little ones
17.30-18.00 home time
18.15 dinner time for my biggens
19.00 home time for the last one

Military precision :laughing::laughing::laughing: which is funny when you know me as I'm know to be so disorganised LOL this is the only organised thing in my life lol. but it works well. AM is our activity time. and PM I have free play and put ressources out like conkers, leaves... that we collected...

During school holidays we keep the same pattern but we're out most days so I try to either go far enough than older one get at least 45min sleep in car as can't all sleep in buggy at once or come back by 2.30 at latest and put them all to sleep for 1h30.

I'm a great believer in afternoon sleep. in France all children under 5-6 are sleeping at school between 1.30 and 3. even the children who stop napping are having a lay in to calm re energize and relax.

you should set the routine you think they would all benefit from and stick to it. The children will get use to it eventually.

watgem
28-11-2012, 06:42 PM
my 11 moonth old started last week, he comes at 8am so has already had breakfast, we go to school sometimes he has a little nap on the way home, has a play then jins the older ones for a little snack, them more play before lunch, which is between 12 and 12.30, then has a short nap before a bottle at 2.30, then school run, play with schoolies then tea at 5pm home at 5.45-nappy changes as and when