PDA

View Full Version : Having a 'mean CM' day already!

LittleLegsCM
28-11-2012, 07:33 AM
So a couple of brothers I care for arrived at 7 this morning, as always.
I had been watching the breakfast news on BBC while prepping as its the only time I get to catch any and had left it on when I went to answer the door. The older brother who was quite obviously already in a mood (I could hear mum already telling me off down the pathway) went into the lounge & the first thing he said was 'why is this rubbish on?! :eek::eek::eek: (I would never have dared to walk into another persons home as a kid and come out with something like that!)

Mum then, without even making any sort of acknowledgement to me, said 'if you ask nicely, ... will turn it over' to which his way of nicely was 'can you turn this rubbish over now?' :eek::eek: I then became the mean, horrible CM and said that the news was informative, helped support school work with certain projects & kept us aware of what was going on in the world around us so it would be staying on until next mindee arrived at 7.15 :D It's already been turned over so they could watch their cartoon before breakfast but his face still looks like the world is about to end!!

only 3 weeks till xmas break... only 3 weeks till xmas break... only 3 weeks till xmas break... LOL!!

Tink
28-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Some children and obviously parents have no respect:angry:

I have a new Lo who has recently started with me, he walks in demanding Fireman Sam on and when I say the TV is not on he stamps his feet, throws himself on the floor and has a major outburst to which Mum replies "Good luck":angry:

TooEarlyForGin?
28-11-2012, 07:46 AM
only 3 weeks till xmas break... only 3 weeks till xmas break... only 3 weeks till xmas break... LOL!!

This is my mantra at the moment, the only thing that keeps me going. :)

DickDock
28-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Oh My! I would say very curtly, in front of the mother about rudeness in someone else's home. And no I would not be turning it over, nicely or not!

miffy
28-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Oh My! I would say very curtly, in front of the mother about rudeness in someone else's home. And no I would not be turning it over, nicely or not!

I would have turned it off if he had been that rude to me!

Miffy xx

migimoo
28-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Ooh...rude children early in the morning...my favourite thing:D

I have a 4yr and 7yr old pair of sisters who arrive at 7 and so far this week have been told:

I have too many decorations up..."it looks stupid!"
I have too much junk everywhere and need to clean up
My car 'stinks'
Refusing to use a clean towel "urgh-it's gross!"
Constantly ask from 7am if they can have 'their' programmes on.
That they are late to school all the time because of ME (mum struggled to get CM so signed with me tho made aware they would be late sometimes due to other school drop off)
My car seats are stupid and i'm lying about what age they're for (9m-12yr)
....oh and to top it off the older one told all the LO's that Santa's not real and we're all stupid!

I am giving notice at Xmas before I end up flipping-have told mum to no avail-they're just awful!

singingcactus
28-11-2012, 08:22 AM
What a perfectly horrid attitude, from boy and mum, not you of course. TV would be insanely boring for that child for the rest of the day here. Maybe even the week with the way I feel at the moment.

I am mean childminder here too today - within the first 10 minutes also. Kids attitudes and parents permissiveness, and even encouragement, is starting to get me down a bit.

3 weeks, 3 weeks, 3 weeks. Will keep that in mind.

Candy apple
28-11-2012, 08:24 AM
wouldnt it be nice of you could send him home and tell him in front of mum ' if you ask mummy nice she will take you to macdonalds for dinner'. i think you did the right thing, i dont look after children old enough to be rude like that yet but when i do i hope that i can stand up and be the same!

mushpea
28-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I feel so much better reading this thread cause I thought it was just me lol
last night I had 8yrold boy and 5yrold sister,
apparently I lied about writing a letter to his mum---I was doing my planning and because he is so naughty all the time and I am his third childminder he thought I was writing to mum to say enough!
My computer is usuless cause it dosent have the right pictures- we were choosing colouring in pictures
My oven is rubbish cause it takes to long to cook the cakes we made cause they were "STARVING"
and then they started taking the mick cause I say then a lot at the end of my sentences although it did make me realise how much I say it:blush:
oh and then I called my two for their tea as the 2 mindees were getting ready to go home and the 5yrold pipes up "Yes get down here now this minute right now" just like a school teacher, well I popped and said "this is their home and I am their mum and I will tell them when and what to do" she hid her face and got ready very quickly!!!

28-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Oh this has really cheered me up this morning as I felt like I was starting to loose the plot this week and it's only Wednesday :jump for joy:

JCrakers
28-11-2012, 09:11 AM
I thought my two mindees were a handful but I never have to deal with bad manners and rudeness. I just get constant silliness and having to repeat myself 20,000 a day :D

Kiddleywinks
28-11-2012, 09:20 AM
My DD is getting fed up playing the same racing game whilst I'm making tea and she wants a rest lol, so told my 6 yr old mindee the Wii was broken (still not sure why I didn't just say no wii today....!)

Her response: 'Ha ha you can't play on it now'

My response: 'Ha ha, neither can you!'

Took approximately 30 seconds for that to sink in lol

Round one to me I think :p
It's gonna be a long 3 weeks!

singingcactus
28-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Okay, going to make you all feel a bit better about our lot now:

Was on school run and arrived at the same time as the before/after school club. One of the boys quickly climbed over the road barrier and ran down the road, while one member of staff was grabbing him two other kids started kicking the stuffing out of each other...I walked past at this point and rejoined them in the cloak room....one boy (road one) ran in chased by staff threw his stuff everywhere, punched another boy and ran out, then another boy ran in and started kicking stuffing out of another boy while staff member was still trying to control child 1, she grabbed aggressive boy and I grabbed boy being hit and told him to get ready, child being hit ran out of cloakroom and disappeared behind me, while aggressive boy ran out of other door, child 1 still missing, and another boy was trying his hardest to wind up all the other kids in the room by getting in their faces and being a bully....OMG!!! Staff were almost in tears. There was nothing more they could have done, just the kids were going wild. Probably parented like some of our children mentioned here and staff left to pick up the pieces.

I whispered in my sons ear as I left him there to stay away from those children and if they came near him to tell the teacher IMMEDIATELY! They are all in his class. Supply teacher in there today too! At least he is a man though. Jeez.

So, do you all feel better now!

kel1983
28-11-2012, 09:29 AM
We usually have the tv on low volume in the morning when mindees arrive as I like to see the news and weather. Lukily the children we mind dont care about the tv they would rather do crafts or puzzles. We did have one mindee that use to say "I dont like this program" when the other 5 children did. She would then go off in a huff and slowly work her way back in the room and wach it

eddie
28-11-2012, 09:31 AM

Was on school run and arrived at the same time as the before/after school club. One of the boys quickly climbed over the road barrier and ran down the road, while one member of staff was grabbing him two other kids started kicking the stuffing out of each other...I walked past at this point and rejoined them in the cloak room....one boy (road one) ran in chased by staff threw his stuff everywhere, punched another boy and ran out, then another boy ran in and started kicking stuffing out of another boy while staff member was still trying to control child 1, she grabbed aggressive boy and I grabbed boy being hit and told him to get ready, child being hit ran out of cloakroom and disappeared behind me, while aggressive boy ran out of other door, child 1 still missing, and another boy was trying his hardest to wind up all the other kids in the room by getting in their faces and being a bully....OMG!!! Staff were almost in tears. There was nothing more they could have done, just the kids were going wild. Probably parented like some of our children mentioned here and staff left to pick up the pieces.

I whispered in my sons ear as I left him there to stay away from those children and if they came near him to tell the teacher IMMEDIATELY! They are all in his class. Supply teacher in there today too! At least he is a man though. Jeez.

:eeeek::eeeek:
Makes my mindees look like little :littleangel:

AliceK
28-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Sometimes Cbeebies is still on in the lounge when mindees arrive as DD has been in there watching it but otherwise the door is shut and I very very rarely have any TV on for mindees. I do though have my kitchen TV on all day (mainly for the dog) which is usually on the news channel. No-one would dare tell me to turn it over, one of my looks is all they need to know that I will not accept rudeness in my house.

xxx

mum24
28-11-2012, 01:55 PM

Do you know, I despair for the children that have to be in class with them. If we adults don't like parents, job etc we can take steps to change things, poor kids have no choice in what happens at school. :(

The Juggler
28-11-2012, 02:05 PM
i would have turned it off if they were that rude :D

PixiePetal
28-11-2012, 02:16 PM
My DH comes in from the farm for lunch every day and we all eat sandwich lunch together, I would like tv off in dining room but it is his house too and so we compromise. Mindees are becoming antiques experts as we watch bargain hunt/restoration programmes :)

Lots of talk about things in the 'olden days' and with two 4 or nearly 4yr old boys the building programmes are just heaven, with tools and vehicles :thumbsup:

LittleLegsCM
28-11-2012, 02:35 PM
TBH, I think keeping it on the news for this particular mindee was more torture than turning it off completely LOL x

lynnfi
28-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Do you know, I despair for the children that have to be in class with them. If we adults don't like parents, job etc we can take steps to change things, poor kids have no choice in what happens at school. :(

Don't forget you can always try and find a better school for our child. I did it and the difference as regards ALL areas was so amazing I could cry. Night versus day. It is not an easy step, but it is possible. They can't change anything but we can.

mushpea
29-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I must be mean casue we never have the tv on, not cause I've made it a rule or am against it but we just dont seem to have time plus I know that at least two of my mindees have it on constantly at home and as a result one sings tv tunes all day and the other dosent know how to play without somone telling him or without som sort of back ground noise, he just sits there and pushes a car back and forward constantly if hes the only one here, if there are others to play with then he plays beautifully and can socialze wonderfully its just having his own imagination to play on his own he struggles with.
when they arrive in the mornings my lot go off to play, in the evenings they get the last half hour on the wii or tv if they've been good all afternoon but thats more a bribe lol

LittleLegsCM
30-11-2012, 07:45 AM
They are allowed the TV on in the mornings before school as these certain brothers are incapable of playing (either alone or with eachother!) without it either turning into a fight or the neighbours thinking I've let hooligans loose in my house so I have to keep my playroom shut off first thing.

They always have books, colouring in bits & pieces and things like that left out in the lounge to use but they never do.