PDA

View Full Version : Drop offs?

BlondeMoment
27-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi everyone,
Does anyone offer a drop off service? I've recently moved house and have moved slightly out of reach for a parent that used to use me, to use again. I was thinking of offering a drop off service. So I'd collect the LOs from school, then drop them home about 6.30.
Does anyone else do anything like this and what do you charge? Or am I mad? lol
Lisa

eddie
27-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone,
Does anyone offer a drop off service? I've recently moved house and have moved slightly out of reach for a parent that used to use me, to use again. I was thinking of offering a drop off service. So I'd collect the LOs from school, then drop them home about 6.30.
Does anyone else do anything like this and what do you charge? Or am I mad? lol
Lisa

I used to drop one off at the end of the day and charge for the petrol but got fed up of Mom being late home and me having to wait in the car with niggly kids!

I have dropped off/picked up and if it means keeping the business then go for it!

Chimps Childminding
27-11-2012, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't offer to do it on a regular basis! I would worry about having car problems, or bad weather and having to take lo's out!! Plus it might not suit parents who want to pick up!!

But I know lots of cm's do offer a pick up/drop off service!

green4lynn
27-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi,

I pick up and drop off a little boy, and its a pain as he lives on a road with hardly any parking! Sometimes I'm parked quite a way from his house! I only do it cos his mum is a friend, and they only have one car which she normally uses for work so dad can't get to mine! He finishes with me at the end of this year as he's off to nursery, and while I'll miss him loads I won't miss the pick ups and drop offs! Hope this helps!

X

MrsP2C
27-11-2012, 08:36 PM
I drop off 1 night a week BUT I have to pick my eldest son up from an activity so it means I get paid for a full hour (as it's out of hours) for being in the car for 5 minutes longer than I would without the mindees! It's a real ****** in the holidays though so unless you're really desperate or it's on the odd occasion, I wouldn't do it.

Paulab
27-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I pick up a lo 3 times a fortnight at 6:45 for a singie mum who couldn't find care elsewhere that early and for only the 3 sessions, no bus to mine that early, if it was everyday that early then I wouldnt, (my 17 year old at home with my lot who are still all in bed)

I do a meet at my school for 2 different sets of parents as they live closer to the school than my house,

one of the mums car is broke so I'm dropping her to work until fixed, it's only 10 mins drive 5 miles away but buses not great to get her there on time & is a single mum & I think she would just give up job to go back on income support & I absolutely love mindee, also dropping lo to nannies at home time on way to school run,

And from Jan I will be dropping home my new baby twice a week as mum also doesn't drive & the nursery care is really poor in her area & not really any suitable childminders she is also single & a five min drive but rubbish for buses

I've just realised I mind for mostly single mums, and will do everything I can to help make their working lives a little easier, as I was there when my eldest were younger & it was damn hard :)

BlondeMoment
01-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks everyone! Guess I'll try it and see how it goes x