PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Annual Report Early Years

lisbet
27-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Well according to Ofsted, group settings offer better provision, and children's centres should be linked to weaker providers - Do you think Ms Truss helped them with the report?! :ohdear:

Ofsted | Ofsted Annual Report 2011/12: Susan Gregory, National Director Education and Early Years introduces early years highlights (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/ofsted-annual-report-201112-susan-gregory-national-director-education-and-early-years-introduces-ear)

I'm qualified to Level 4 and an experienced early years practitioner, but I'm not returning to work in a local authority nursery - despite there being really wonderful children's centres where I live - because I think that nurturing children's emotional and developmental needs in a home environment is of real value to very young children, and to some children who struggle in group settings (3 & 4yrs old is still very young!!)

I haven't even been registered yet and Ofsted is basically telling parent's 'choose a group setting, not a childminder'...:(

sarah707
27-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I read that earlier as well and thought the same as you to begin with ... but the Govt seem committed to bringing new childminders on board so all is not lost xx

lisbet
27-11-2012, 07:43 PM
I read that earlier as well and thought the same as you to begin with ... but the Govt seem committed to bringing new childminders on board so all is not lost xx

I shall try to be optimistic then :thumbsup:

Hopefully Ofsted will get round to registering me at some point! and I will find some a nice family or two to work with, and I'll be able to focus on the actual job rather than wider perceptions. :rolleyes:

sarah707
27-11-2012, 07:46 PM
I shall try to be optimistic then :thumbsup:

Hopefully Ofsted will get round to registering me at some point! and I will find some a nice family or two to work with, and I'll be able to focus on the actual job rather than wider perceptions. :rolleyes:

Well I did wonder if you need to get out more... those reports are very dry! I have a very clever friend who usually reads them and gives me a precis :laughing: :laughing:

lisbet
27-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Well I did wonder if you need to get out more... those reports are very dry! I have a very clever friend who usually reads them and gives me a precis :laughing: :laughing:

I only watched the that video with Susan Gregory summarising, and then got cross and stomped off :blush::laughing:

I may try and read the report if it's going to be less annoying though!