PDA

View Full Version : Grades??

aly
22-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Just been reading the NCMA Website
and it says that unlike England, wales does not get the grading marks.[outstnading, good etc]

Does anyone know why? and what do we get instead?

Polly2
22-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Hiya

No we don't get grades sorry I don't know why. When we have an inspection we get an inspection report which has on it any recommendations (either things that need to be done or just good practise recommendations).

I am not sure whether it is a good or bad thing really - it does take some of the pressure off but I think I would like it said that I am "good" or whatever.

I'm not sure really.

manjay
22-06-2008, 02:23 PM
I think you get number gradings if you are registered with ESTYN. So I would say it is because we are registered with CSSIW and not an educational organisation like OFSTED.

I can't decide whether it is good or bad. Like you say Holly it does take away some of the pressure but then I think maybe you don't get as much recognition for doing a good job. Not sure!!! Will let you know when mine happens. I have just finished my Self Assessment forms to send off tomorrow.

ruby
22-06-2008, 02:51 PM
i hope i get mine before you get yours

she still had not been just wish she would come to get it over with

in some ways its better but like you said you it would be nice for them to recognise all your hard work .

as some childminders put a lot of effort into their work while other don't if you see what i mean.

not sure if that came out the way i wanted it to

athy

Polly2
22-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I was pleased with my report though - and I didn't have any recommendations for improvement so that was good! But yes it doesn't really reflect all the hard work you have put in.

Hope yours goes well Amanda and Ruby x

aly
22-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah, i was wondering if it was or good or bad?

ah well

thanks
xx

manjay
22-06-2008, 05:18 PM
i hope i get mine before you get yours

she still had not been just wish she would come to get it over with

in some ways its better but like you said you it would be nice for them to recognise all your hard work .

as some childminders put a lot of effort into their work while other don't if you see what i mean.

not sure if that came out the way i wanted it to

athy

I am hoping mine will be sooner rather than later. I have put that I have to have an operation around the end of July and that I don't know how long I will be off. Thought that might make them come soon:D

ruby
22-06-2008, 06:41 PM
wish i had thought of an excuse to get them to come out early

knowing my luck they will come when i have a house full and they are being

little darlings ( not)

cathy