PDA

View Full Version : new and need advice.. :)

mummy051113
27-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Hi my name is Emma, ive just joined this forum so its all new to me. Im currently in process of becoming a registered childminder.

Ive so far finished my childminding course, but now i dont know what to do next?? I want to be OFsted registered ASAP...
Does any one have a step by step or checklist for me to follow to see what steps i need to take before pre-reg visit.

Also im having a 'toy' play room for the children and im stuck on how many toys i should have ready for my pre reg visit?

Thank you so much. :)

Rachael's stars
29-11-2012, 08:25 PM
hi im currently registering too and waiting to hear back from ofsted ....
firstly you will need to get booked onto a 12 hour pediatric first aid course, and print of the ofsted application forms and fill them in and send them of they will then send you a pack with crbs to fill in and identity verification forms as well as a payment slip for your registration fees, once all that has gone through they will contact you to arrange your pre reg visit

as for toys i wouldnt go nuts, you dont no yet what ages you will have, so have a small selection of toys like construction toys, role play, puzzles, books try and get some multicultural things too, and prob some craft bits like paints glue stencils ect iv also been collecting bits of my recycling like toilet roll tubes empty bottles and boxes for things like craft and generall exploring the items stacking and sorting them ect the bottles i use to make sensory bottles by putting different things in them like marballs, rice, sand, oil and water, beads ect just make sure the lids cant come off, all little ones love this sort of thing and its very inexpensive so perfect for when your first starting out, when ofsted visit mention to them you have a small selection of toys now but once you take on some mindees you intend on buying more suitable toys for there age and interests they will be more than happy with this x good luck x:eek: