PDA

View Full Version : Would you allow this?

JCrakers
26-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I have a mindee who is nearly four. She has a habit of bringing toys from home which is fine with me. She brings dolls, teddies etc but recently she's been bringing smaller items.
Today was a handbag full of cups, plates and a set of keys. Two dolls and dolls clothes.

Now I have a 10m old here and find that I have to go through her bag of stuff to see what could be hazardous. She has lost her keys somewhere in the playroom and if the 10m old finds them she could be chewing on them while I'm at the loo or something.

Would you just say no toys from home or just no small toys?

Candy apple
26-11-2012, 05:08 PM
i say no to toys unless it is a comfurter that they can not do without then it stays in the house.

I have hundreds of toys so i dont think they need to bring more and get them lost :laughing:

rickysmiths
My children each have a drawer and anything brought from home that they refuse to give back to the parents, which I prefer, goes in the drawer. Apart from a needed comforter I don't allow toys from home and keys would be the biggest non no for me. I never let children play with keys!

little chickee
I do have a no toys from home rule althogh sticking to it is a different matter.
Mindee age 3 does sometimes bring toys from home and i try to put them somewhere and hope he forgets about them.

I hate having to rummage everywhere at hometime for some small toy that its the end of the world of if i can't find it.

I am going to get strict. I have more than enough toys here, no need for toys from home esp things like keys that aren't even toys!

VeggieSausage
26-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I do have a no toys from home rule althogh sticking to it is a different matter.
Mindee age 3 does sometimes bring toys from home and i try to put them somewhere and hope he forgets about them.

I hate having to rummage everywhere at hometime for some small toy that its the end of the world of if i can't find it.

I am going to get strict. I have more than enough toys here, no need for toys from home esp things like keys that aren't even toys!

Totally agree....my 3 year old mindees like to bring cuddly toys and then throw them at each other, so now they are straight in their bag, sometimes they bring coins (:panic:), scooters, trikes, and other totally unsuitable things that they refuse to share.....

winstonian
26-11-2012, 05:36 PM
I have a 3 year old who will often arrive with glass beads, batteries or other random non child friendly items. They go straight on the windowsill and are sent home

mum24
26-11-2012, 08:45 PM
I try not to allow toys from home, I have more than enough toys here for them to play with. However, if they do bring something, and I do understand that sometimes just to get out of the door if a child is screaming for teddy, teddy is going to come, then parents and child are all aware that anyone can play with it, it must be shared and that I am not accountable for any loss or damage. But yes, I have to agree, sometimes I find that there are coins, clips all sorts of things in pockets etc and these I take away as soon as I notice them. Little ones can be such magpies sometimes, and have the stickiest fingers....:)

TNT
26-11-2012, 08:54 PM
I need to get stricter with this too.
I picked up my 3 year old mindee from pre-school last thursday and she had the biggest teddy bear I have ever seen, dressed in a sleeping bag suitable for a 2-3 year old (I checked the size :D). I had a 7 month old and 2 year old in the double buggy, 2 box models made at pre-school, a potty as toilet training 2 year old and the :censored: teddy bear. It got dragged home by mindee as I couldnt carry it. It was rediculous.

loocyloo
26-11-2012, 10:54 PM
any toys or anything that come from home are immediately put in their bags ready to go home!

if i am picking up from school/nursery & something is too big/difficult to get home, we leave it at school to be picked up in the morning! if it is me who is doing all the to & froing from school, and they have made something at school, then it stays at school till i can manage to get it home! luckily, i generally only do 'one way' or if i do both, its not every day !!!

jo.jo76
26-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I try to not allow toys too, although sometimes if they don't want to part with it at drop off I generally try and pop it in their bag as soon as possible.
One mindee arrived the other morning with two huge cuddle pal pillow things, straight away I said they're too big and mum needs to put them in the car till later. Mum says "see told you" My thoughts, well why even try! lol

27-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I must admit this drives me mad because the mindees don't like to share their own things and it causes nothing but arguements. I once put in my newsletter that 'coins' were becoming a problem and because of very LO's I would appreciate it if these things stayed at home. Yet one of my mindees STILL brings them with him!!!! Why can't the parents just say NO to them before they leave home???? Why do I have to be the baddie and conviscate it????

mushpea
27-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I ask that children dont bring their own toys here except comforters but somtimes they do and they are asked to share, the smaller things they bring I ask them to put in their draw or bag, last night one of the schoolies brought a bracelt he was wearing home so I told him to put it in his bag as smaller children can eat th ebeads and choke, I dont all ow smaller things from home.

Boris
27-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I must admit this drives me mad because the mindees don't like to share their own things and it causes nothing but arguements. I once put in my newsletter that 'coins' were becoming a problem and because of very LO's I would appreciate it if these things stayed at home. Yet one of my mindees STILL brings them with him!!!! Why can't the parents just say NO to them before they leave home???? Why do I have to be the baddie and conviscate it????

We have a little one who arrives with coins too. A fist full of pennies and usually a few in a pocket. I have to frisk him when he arrives. Apparently the only way his mum and dad can get him to do things is by giving him pennies! Can you imagine? "I'll give you 2p if you put your coat on? No? Ok, 10p then?" Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

It's a small world
27-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Any toys brought from home go in their bag- If they want them out I explain either there too little for smaller mindees or that f they get them out they may get damaged. Besides do I not have enough toys to entertain them??? My house is like a toy shop !!!