PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for creative activity assessor visit?

lucyD
26-11-2012, 02:05 PM
I am struggling with my level 3 as I am the only childminder on it & its seems geared towards nurseries/pre-schools with older ones. Have muddled by so far & they are happy with my standard of work but I struggle with ideas for assessor visits. My children I have are 9 months, 13 months & 23 months.

I need to plan a creative activity (ideally that they can ALL join in) Any ideas?

Also need to plan an activity to teach them how to keep themselves safe? (part of my safeguarding unit) any ideas for 2 non walkers, dont have a double buggy so cant go out with them all at the moment or do road safety etc hhhhhhhhheeellllp!! My tutor said it didn't to be anything heavy & could be talking about holding hands & staying close when out at park/shops etc but ???

snuffy123lulu
26-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Lucy
I have just finished my level 3. For the creative activity I did a craft session as it was near bonfire night. We started by watching a video of a fireworks display, then we made fireworks pictures with lots of glue glitter tissue paper etc, all the time talking about how to keep safe, all the wonderful colours etc. I put up pictures of fireworks and bonfires. I put all the glitter, glue, paper ect in the middle of the table and everyone helped themselves making a huge mess. I talked to them about their choices and helped when necessary with the younger ones. When they had finished the pictures I did some indoor fireworks (just a couple and risk assessed).

For the safeguarding bit we did a fire drill (sounded alarm) and read a book about fire safety.

Hope that helps x

lucyD
26-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi Lucy
I have just finished my level 3. For the creative activity I did a craft session as it was near bonfire night. We started by watching a video of a fireworks display, then we made fireworks pictures with lots of glue glitter tissue paper etc, all the time talking about how to keep safe, all the wonderful colours etc. I put up pictures of fireworks and bonfires. I put all the glitter, glue, paper ect in the middle of the table and everyone helped themselves making a huge mess. I talked to them about their choices and helped when necessary with the younger ones. When they had finished the pictures I did some indoor fireworks (just a couple and risk assessed).

For the safeguarding bit we did a fire drill (sounded alarm) and read a book about fire safety.

Hope that helps x

Sounds fab. Have already done fire drill & had another witness sign that off so not sure I could do that again. Can you help give me tips on things I could give the 9 mth old to do? EVERYTHING goes in the mouth so most arts & crafts things are a no no!

snuffy123lulu
26-11-2012, 05:52 PM
I had a littlle one to occupy too and gave him some sensory stuff to do. Paintbrush and different coloured water in a bowl I suctioned to his highchair on the paper. Put three different coloured sugerfree jelly shapes on the highchair tray for him to squash (he did eat some but more happy squishing it). Filled the tray with bubbles (like washing up bubbles but made with few drops bubble bath). When he was bored with all this he sat on my knee and helped with my picture, Assessor liked this as he was still involved. Lots of mess but great fun. Hope that helps x

VeggieSausage
26-11-2012, 05:54 PM
What about doing something around stop, look and listen.....play with toy cars and dolls, pretending to cross the road.....

Watch video on road safety on cbeebies - sure there must be something......

Read stories about a car journey and remind children of stop, look and listen.....

Make a picture showing the green and red man at a crossing....

Make zebra stripes to show where it is safe to cross.....

lucyD
26-11-2012, 08:16 PM
I had a littlle one to occupy too and gave him some sensory stuff to do. Paintbrush and different coloured water in a bowl I suctioned to his highchair on the paper. Put three different coloured sugerfree jelly shapes on the highchair tray for him to squash (he did eat some but more happy squishing it). Filled the tray with bubbles (like washing up bubbles but made with few drops bubble bath). When he was bored with all this he sat on my knee and helped with my picture, Assessor liked this as he was still involved. Lots of mess but great fun. Hope that helps x

Fab Thanx :)

lucyD
26-11-2012, 08:17 PM
What about doing something around stop, look and listen.....play with toy cars and dolls, pretending to cross the road.....

Watch video on road safety on cbeebies - sure there must be something......

Read stories about a car journey and remind children of stop, look and listen.....

Make a picture showing the green and red man at a crossing....

Make zebra stripes to show where it is safe to cross.....

Thats a great idea too, thank u x