PDA

View Full Version : Variation letter

JCrakers
26-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Having just read a lovely letter on another thread telling parents that the minder will have 4 children I'm now thinking.

I wrote a letter in sept to all parents, I think it was based on the letter that Sarah posted. It explained the changes of the eyfs and explained about variations. All parents read it and signed to agree.

Do I need to tell them of individual variations? I have one in place for Feb, do I have to rewrite to the parents?

loocyloo
26-11-2012, 01:37 PM
i just gave my parents a note saying that on X day, Y will be joining us between the hours of A & B. if it was going to be an ongoing variation i would say that from start date ( X ), Y will be joining us until circumstances change.

all my parents signed a form at the start of september, saying they were aware of and agreed to possibles changes and that i would inform them of any taking place.

i have a copy of the letter sent out, all signed replies, copy of my RA and then note to parents for each variation in a file !!!

hectors house
26-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Having just read a lovely letter on another thread telling parents that the minder will have 4 children I'm now thinking.

I wrote a letter in sept to all parents, I think it was based on the letter that Sarah posted. It explained the changes of the eyfs and explained about variations. All parents read it and signed to agree.

Do I need to tell them of individual variations? I have one in place for Feb, do I have to rewrite to the parents?

You could write, e-mail, text or just put a sign up on door - just make sure you write the details of the new variation down on a piece of paper and get every parent that the new variation applies to sign. The parents read and signed your original letter but as technically we could have 6 children under 8 on a variation (if all children need to come on the same day - continuaty of care) , not all parents would be happy if you didn't tell them that circumstances have changed again.

PixiePetal
26-11-2012, 02:58 PM
My 2 families have been told of my intentions and had copy of RA - both families may need extra odd days in the future taking me to 4 under 5s as it is two sets of siblings.

A couple of weeks ago one family asked if they could have an extra morning- today :)

I wrote a dated note in the other families daily diary saying - 'in line with what you have agreed to, O and R will be joining us from 8am - 1.30pm and could you please sign to confirm I have told you of this particular occasion' (which they did) and I will photo copy and put in file.

I get signatures for anything these days to cover myself!