PDA

View Full Version : Harmonica

*Katrina*
26-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Ok, silly-ish question coming up...

We have lots of musical instruments, one being a harmonica, I have my inspection due in the next couple of days and usually the children just pass it around to play but now I've suddenly thought should I be wiping it off before another child uses it or am I going over the top and paranoid? :laughing:

bunyip
26-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Maybe there are some items that are perfectly fine on most days, but not 100% suitable to be around on inspection days? I think most minders hide th glass recycling bag (too many empties create an impression); pick the nickers up off the floor, and temporarily 'quarantine' the odd toy. :rolleyes:

Of course, it's exactly the toy that the lo's will ask for, so have your "it's gone away, we'll get another one" response ready. :thumbsup:

Btw, the only silly question is the one you don't ask - that's always the one that gets you into trouble. ;)

*Katrina*
26-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Lol!

I've already told my DS (7 years old) that his swords and guns (TOYS! Not real ones!! :eek:) need to stay in his bedroom cupboard for a few days as they often end up lying around the hallway or lounge :panic:

I think the harmonica will be put away, but then of course we have the tea set which they all put their mouths over...don't get me wrong I do clean our toys regularly but not in the midst of a play session where they are passing these things to each other - can imagine me hovering over them with antibacterial wipes waiting to grab toys and wipe them :laughing:

jo.jo76
26-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Lol!

I've already told my DS (7 years old) that his swords and guns (TOYS! Not real ones!! :eek:) need to stay in his bedroom cupboard for a few days as they often end up lying around the hallway or lounge :panic:

I think the harmonica will be put away, but then of course we have the tea set which they all put their mouths over...don't get me wrong I do clean our toys regularly but not in the midst of a play session where they are passing these things to each other - can imagine me hovering over them with antibacterial wipes waiting to grab toys and wipe them :laughing:

You need my DD(3ys) there! She spends all her time going round picking up toys the children have had in their mouths and putting them in the kitchen saying "yuck, this ones germy now! Got to be washed!":)