PDA

View Full Version : variations letter wording help somone check please

mushpea
26-11-2012, 08:57 AM
I have informed all parents of my variaiton starting today a good week ago but I have just realise I have nothing to prove this to ofsted so have devised this letter officaly informing all parents, can somone please check the wording, does it sound ok?

"In line with the new EYFS which came in to force in September 2012 I am herby informing you that as of 26/11/2012 I will be caring for 4 children under 5yrs old. I have risked assess the variation as required by Ofsted and am satisfied that I can meet each of the childrens individual needs.
Please can you sign below to confirm you have read and understood the above"

blue bear
26-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Sounds good to me.

bunyip
26-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Looks fine. You might add, "....as a temporary arrangement for #hours, and due to circumstances which are an exception from the norm". But that's just a minor refinement I'd add to keep Ofsted happy. Nothing at all wrong with your version. :thumbsup:

hectors house
26-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I just laid my letter out to parents as I used to with the variation for Ofsted - explaining the circumstances which has led to variation being required, expected time scale, listing the ages of children, equipment eg: table booster seats, car seats etc, travel cots etc - I gave them all a copy, inviting them to share any concerns - printed extra copy of letter and got them all to sign it.

kindredspirits
26-11-2012, 02:25 PM
I may be wrong but I think your wording should be I have risk assessed... Not risked assess.