PDA

View Full Version : does this sound OK?

LittleLegsCM
26-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Morning all,

I just want to find out if this sound ok to you.
I've been having a few issues with a set of my parents. The last thing being was my holiday (I charge 1/2 fee for theirs 1/2 fee for mine). I told them I would be unavailable for work over a month ago (when we was already having a discussion about holiday!) for a day in December. gave them their invoice last week and because I said I was 'off' this, according to them, didnt constitute as 'holiday' and therefore I shouldnt be allowed to charge the ususal half fee. (To be honest, unless I'm just being simple, I didnt think off/not available for work was different to holiday but it seems it is) so I've just typed out a quick letter for the holiday I'm taking over christmas so that they cant pick at it- is this enough?

"Please be advised that I will be on holiday for the duration of the Christmas period. This will commence on the 24th December and I will be returning for work on the 7th January.

Please note that during this time, holiday fees will apply.

Kind regards,"

TY x

jelly15
26-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Sounds clear to me :)

bunyip
26-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Sounds perfectly fine to me. And, yes, I agree: perfectly reasonable to equate "off" with "holiday" in this context. What on earth else did they think you meant?

Do you use daily diaries for the lo's? I have a couple of pages in the ones I use for holiday notification, training day notification, etc. This means the parents find it harder to say they've forgotten or never been told. They sign the page which I then photocopy and file, just in case they 'lose' the diary by the time the date comes round. :)

LittleLegsCM
26-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Sounds perfectly fine to me. And, yes, I agree: perfectly reasonable to equate "off" with "holiday" in this context. What on earth else did they think you meant?

Do you use daily diaries for the lo's? I have a couple of pages in the ones I use for holiday notification, training day notification, etc. This means the parents find it harder to say they've forgotten or never been told. They sign the page which I then photocopy and file, just in case they 'lose' the diary by the time the date comes round. :)

Yeah I do and it has been put in their LOs diary for the last few Mondays in the 'notes & reminders' section but their argument wasn't that I hadn't told them or they wasn't aware just that I hadn't used the specific word "holiday" even though when they were first made aware we were talking about holidays!

Tbh, over the past few months, there's been quite a few things they've 'picked' and had a go about (more than can be counted on one hand) and I came very close to typing up & printing out their notice last night but decided ill do this instead as a last chance type of thing as I really do enjoy having their LO.

bunyip
26-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Sorry to hear you're having a bad time of it LittleLegs. Hope it all sorts out soon.

Do you think they'd understand "notice" if you gave it to them?

Perhaps they should try a nursery/afterschool and then see where 'picky' gets them. :mad:

Good luck. :)

hectors house
26-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Sounds clear enough to me - but some intelligent parents seem a little "dense" when it suits them and delibrately misunderstand!

I gave out my Xmas holiday dates and dates when I would be working, telling parents that if they advise me NOW of their requirements any contracted days off their child takes will be at half fee. Most parents have advised me they won't be sending children but one single mother told me this morning that the father has said "if I have to pay Half fee - then child will be going - i'm not paying out money for nothing"! His child will have a couple of lovely days here on her own, but didn't he want to spend time with his own daughter - the mother will be at work as works in a pub, but the father will be off.