PDA

View Full Version : my new playroom

loocyloo
25-11-2012, 08:49 PM
my new playroom is ready to play !!! ( but i don't want to let the children in!!! )

loocyloo
25-11-2012, 08:55 PM
some more photos!664366446645

sharonmanc
25-11-2012, 08:58 PM
absolutely love it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

loocyloo
25-11-2012, 08:58 PM
and one last photo!!!

Bob
25-11-2012, 09:05 PM
That's brilliant - I'm well jealous!

Pixie dust
25-11-2012, 09:28 PM
That's really lovely....I want one :(

SYLVIA
25-11-2012, 09:38 PM
That is a lovely playroom. Your mindee's are very lucky

samsstars
25-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Looks great.
Where did you get your display boards from?
And where is the rainbow type toy from? :)

Daisy De
25-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Thats great, lucky mindees, love the divided table thingy :)

cathtee
25-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Love it , just waiting for my planning permission for mine can't wait.

sarak31
25-11-2012, 10:16 PM
wow - I LOVE IT! :clapping::clapping:
I particularly like your tray with the conkers and treasure stuff and your labelled boxes - my playroom is stuffed to the rafters at the moment your beautiful playroom has inspired me to sort it out!

lisa1968
25-11-2012, 10:38 PM
nooo-don't let the children in!They'll just get everything out and make it untidy!:p

silvermist
26-11-2012, 12:30 AM
It looks really lovely. Hope your los enjoy iy too xxx:clapping:

FussyElmo
26-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Lovely - would love a playroom but to get one I would have to sacrifice the dining table.

Yours looks very nice and tidy :D

mrs robbie williams
26-11-2012, 06:17 AM
Lovely - would love a playroom but to get one I would have to sacrifice the dining table.

Yours looks very nice and tidy :D

i use my dining room as a playroom, also have a spare bedroom that i can put everything in if i need to, like if we have friends round or summer/xmas holidays, i use the dining table with a thick plastic colourful cloth (from the range) for minding and take it off when not minding :thumbsup:

miffy
26-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Your playroom looks lovely. I like the dressing up stand.

Miffy xx

hectors house
26-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Looks fantastic - can you take a photo at 6pm today, end of day 1 - providing you let the mindees in (have you got any straight jackets on your dressing up stand)?

Roseolivia
26-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Love it. I need doors on my book cases to keep Alfie out, at the moment he takes things off and empties them onto the floor.

lynncjt
26-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Looks brilliant! Makes mine look very messy, I think a tidy up is in order!

loocyloo
26-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Looks fantastic - can you take a photo at 6pm today, end of day 1 - providing you let the mindees in (have you got any straight jackets on your dressing up stand)?

no mindees today !!!

i will tomorrow !!!! there will be 9 children in the house afterschool !!!

loocyloo
26-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Looks great.
Where did you get your display boards from?
And where is the rainbow type toy from? :)

thank you

DH used to work for a company that made office furniture ... the display boards were made to measure for my old house! but we got some new fabric & re-covered them. ( basically they are a big bit of wood ( chipboard? ) covered with a very thin layer of wadding and then fabric stapled on the back! ) and then screwed to the wall.

the rainbow toy came from here Myriad Natural Toys - Play - Wooden Stacking Toys (http://www.myriadonline.co.uk/wooden-stacking-toys.php) :D

loocyloo
26-11-2012, 08:25 AM
wow - I LOVE IT! :clapping::clapping:
I particularly like your tray with the conkers and treasure stuff and your labelled boxes - my playroom is stuffed to the rafters at the moment your beautiful playroom has inspired me to sort it out!

you should have seen the conservatory that i was using as my playroom AND i had a box room full of stuff upstairs! ( don't tell DH, there is still some ( quite a lot of ;)) bits in there! like the box of dressingup stuff, and some craft bits that i can't fit in the cupboard! )

the divided tray is a sand tray from argos! i liked it as it had a solid cover, so can be used as a table as well!

VeggieSausage
26-11-2012, 08:50 AM
i totally love it and am very jealous!

lozzy23
26-11-2012, 09:12 AM
It's lovely loocyloo:)

vdubnut
26-11-2012, 10:29 AM
looks fab :) makes me want to tidy mine up lol

eddie
26-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Wow it looks absolutely amazing! I would love a playroom like that!

mrstom
26-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Looks lovely - I agree, keep the children out :thumbsup:

Can I ask where you got the book sling from? It looks just the right size for my playroom!

Ballette
26-11-2012, 12:47 PM

Can I ask where you got the book sling from? It looks just the right size for my playroom!

I was wondering about the book shelves too ;)

francinejayne
26-11-2012, 12:51 PM
that's gorgeous - can we all come to play!! x

loocyloo
26-11-2012, 01:17 PM

they were from great little trading company ( they are not as big as i thought they would be, even though i had the measurements!!! :rolleyes: )

Sling Bookcase with Rainbow Star Canvas - Bookcases & Bookshelves - Storage - gltc.co.uk (http://www.gltc.co.uk/sling-bookcase-with-rainbow-star-canvas/bookcases--and-amp;-bookshelves/gltc/fcp-product/10002212) ( LOL and they have 15% off if you spend over £50 :D )

migimoo
26-11-2012, 03:47 PM
well jel!!:(

Chimps Childminding
26-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Love it!!! Its far to nice to let children in messing it all up :D I would let them look through the windows instead :laughing:

I would love a separate playrooom, but have to be content with using my dining room :( even if we had the money (which we don't) DH wouldn't consider using it to help my business - its a bit of an inconvenience to him :angry:

loocyloo
26-11-2012, 05:21 PM
DH is very proud of my playroom ... he keeps bringing people to look at it !!! LOL ! mind you - he did convert it, ( a friend plastered it ) he painted it, laid the floor, put in the lights, ( another friend sorted the radiator ), built the cupboards ( i think they might well be my christmas present !!! :laughing: ), recovered & put up the notice boards! all i did was fill it with toys !!!:laughing:

but i think the main reason was, that although he is proud of the job i do, he was fed up of the whole house being filled with toys !!! this way, we can shut the door on it!

but, LOL, if you notice the recess that the rainbow is in ... that is his 'future proofing', so he can put a flat screen tv in there !!! he was a bit put out i refused to have one ... but i don't watch tv with mindees ( apart from once in a blue moon! ) !!! don't know when he thinks he is going to be able to put tv in though! :D

hectors house
26-11-2012, 05:52 PM
What was the room before - was it a dining room or the garage?, I have 2/3 of garage as a playroom but we have to access it through the porch and it just doesn't work - I can't hear or see children if I take someone to the loo or pop to kitchen to get snacks or meal ready, so it has become a toy storage room instead - it also still has a door into the 1/3 remaining garage and the playroom is very cold in winter (I have an oil filled radiator but doesn't make much difference). So lounge and dining room are still used for childminding and I only put all toys away at weekend.

tialil
26-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Your room looks fab, enjoy your time using it :)

toddlers896
26-11-2012, 06:24 PM
ime also wel gel. I want one too x

jane5
26-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Oh that is fantastic.......Much too nice to let 9 children into :panic:

In the new year I'm hoping to have a playroom and downstairs loo built. At the moment I use my dining room as a play room but I want a new kitchen/diner and don't want toys every where messing it up.

Iv put it on my list for Santa but iv not really been a good girl this year so I will have to wait and see :p

blue bear
26-11-2012, 08:32 PM
It looks so lovely :thumbsup:

loocyloo
26-11-2012, 10:24 PM
What was the room before - was it a dining room or the garage?, I have 2/3 of garage as a playroom but we have to access it through the porch and it just doesn't work - I can't hear or see children if I take someone to the loo or pop to kitchen to get snacks or meal ready, so it has become a toy storage room instead - it also still has a door into the 1/3 remaining garage and the playroom is very cold in winter (I have an oil filled radiator but doesn't make much difference). So lounge and dining room are still used for childminding and I only put all toys away at weekend.

it was the back half of the garage. Dh put a retaining wall up and the other half houses my carseat & buggy collection ;)

i acces it either through the garage door !!! ( and then a normal door. DH has put something on the edges of the door to keep the drafts out ) or through my kitchen, which where we eat & do messy play and also immediately access the door to the garden.

Candy apple
27-11-2012, 08:02 AM
that is very nice. i think i need to sort mine out if we are supposed to have playroom like that. I just have lot of toy in boxes and a few pictures up.

loocyloo
27-11-2012, 09:24 AM
that is very nice. i think i need to sort mine out if we are supposed to have playroom like that. I just have lot of toy in boxes and a few pictures up.

i don't think we're meant to, i've just finally had the chance to have a playroom how i want it! AND have room to play in it! plus, my own children are older and so don't actually play in there ( much ) themselves, unlike when they were younger! :D

hectors house
27-11-2012, 09:42 AM
it was the back half of the garage. Dh put a retaining wall up and the other half houses my carseat & buggy collection ;)

i acces it either through the garage door !!! ( and then a normal door. DH has put something on the edges of the door to keep the drafts out ) or through my kitchen, which where we eat & do messy play and also immediately access the door to the garden.

Going to take the plunge and do my playroom properly - we considered when we converted it putting a door through the understairs cupboard into the converted garage/playroom but didn't because it meant moving a gas pipe, going to re-do it in the new year. I do have a retaining insulated wall between existing garage (bit left) with bolted door in - and floor is insulated but still very cold out there - need to put curtain over door, also mine is only plasterboarded and painted - not plastered. We also need to put lots more storage in the porch as I will be loosing my understairs cupboard so need to re-home coats, small chest freezer etc - going to look into installing a sliding door storage system. If I don't use the playroom after all this - my oh will kill me!