PDA

View Full Version : Can I ask about insurance

DickDock
25-11-2012, 05:17 PM
My insurance (and membership) will be up with NCMA soon and if I am being realistic I have become quite disenchanted with them over the last few years.
I have been with them for a good long while, since I started up and I have watched them decline. I have been actively involved with them and a strong staunch supporter but I really don't feel I can or won't too use them anymore. Having never been elsewhere what is Morton Michelle like? They don't offer membership or representation do they?

any advice please?

FussyElmo
25-11-2012, 05:51 PM
MM is recommended by a lot of members - not a member myself so cant say.

NCMA again is recommended by some members.

UKCMA are currently in the process of setting up but you still have to but you insurance separately.

I believe (forgive me Im a little stetchy on the details) the PLA is opening its doors to childminders but im afraid I dont know whether or not insurance is included.

I think personally for me when its my renewal its porabably going to be MM due to the fact our network will no longer be an NCMA one :thumbsup:

I hope someone a bit knowledgeable comes along with the finer points for you :D

sarah707
25-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I have been insured by MM for 17 years - they have a Childcare Club with lots of extras for childminders - it is free as part of your insurance. Have a nosey at the website for more information.

They offer good support if you need them - I have called on them a few times over the years and they have always been there with advice etc.

There are supporters of both as FussyElmo says. Hth :D

DickDock
25-11-2012, 07:18 PM
thank you both. It seems exciting news that the PLA are welcoming minders. Who are UKCMA, I haven't heard of them?

FussyElmo
25-11-2012, 07:34 PM
UKCMA (http://www.*************/ontheweb/)

Here the ukcma home page.

PLA opening up - NCMA changing to PACEY and opening up their membership. Is it a good thing or is the cynic in me shouting they both must need the business.......................................... ......................................