PDA

View Full Version : What do i plan my observations on

rabiaamrouchi
25-11-2012, 03:43 PM
whats the best way to plan my observations, is it to look at the criteria of the age group and try and fit around the following but on different observations?
Expressive arts and design
Understanding the world
Mathematics
Literacy
Physical development
Communication and language
Personal, social and emotional development
Characteristics of effective learning

blue bear
25-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Sorry I don't really understand the question.
I start with the childs interest and last observations, so 'john' has been showing an interest in vehicles lately, he has been struggling identifying colours, so I plan to play colour cars this week- walking home from school each child will pick a colour car, when a car drives past a child will say if it's their colour, first one to ten wins.
This will cover, physical, Maths, psed (turn taking), communication and language, expressive arts and design. I don't really plan to the areas unless their is an area I feel we need to work on, or need certain observations to show overall development.

rabiaamrouchi
26-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Thank you so much for your reply i haven't been doing it for a while as i had a baby and got lots of bedtime reading to catch up on. So what is all the planning about that has just come into force, is it planning your weekly/monthly activities with the children and not planning your observations.

blue bear
26-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Nothing has really changed, it's just the wording that I think has thrown people off, all planning should be child centred, so you work out what he can do and what he likes and plan from there. It does not even have to be written down but then you have a hard time evidencing your planning to ofsted with nothing written down.
I have an annual calendar with festivals on like Christmas, divvali etc, I find that we naturally look at autumn leaves or growing things in the spring rather than sit down and write realms of planning I follow the child's interests.

rabiaamrouchi
28-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks i have a better idea now.