PDA

View Full Version : nvq

childminder54
21-06-2008, 10:41 PM
hi just been on the discussion site it looks frightning i might start the course with a friend in september but i dont think i like what im reading i think it is going to be too hard im not a young chicken im 54 a nan of 2 children and daughter living in ireland with her boyfreind and just been told getting married on the 12th june next year in ireland do i need all this hassle with the nvq on top of the wedding prep dont know what to do, need nvq by 20010

thanks veronicaxx

sarah707
22-06-2008, 07:08 AM
They've changed the rules - you now need a level 3 qualification by 2015 ... does that help? :D

nell57
22-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Trust me you will be fine. I've just finished mine last month, it took just over 12 months to do and if you've got a good tutor and assessor you should have no problems. And dont forget you have the help from the fantastic people on this forum to help you through it:D .

And believe me if i can do it anyone can.

Good luck making your decision

Helen

miffy
22-06-2008, 07:20 AM
If you want to do it and can get funding then I'd go for it.

Good luck

miffy xx

Heaven Scent
22-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Go for it Veronica, Its my Wedding Anniversary on 12th June. I got married in 1992 It was a beautiful day - and the Irish sea Was like a Mill Pond - only I could travel across the sea to my wedding on the morning of the wedding.

Since you haven't done much studying for a while I'd start with a level 2 as you can cross reference stuff over to level 3 and as someone said if you have a good assessor and mentor/tutor she will guide you through it.

NVQ's shouldn't involve lots of writing so don't get too hung up on it all.

Have you got funding sorted yet? - If not get on to your local CIS.

I have to go now as I've got a little mindee arriving in 30 mins and need to have a shower.

PM me if you need any help

Pipsqueak
22-06-2008, 12:44 PM
The NVQ is fine. Its a bit more in-depth than the DHC but I can promise the NVQ is do-able.

I have three kids of my own, four if you count the hubs, two dogs, I childmind (obviously!!!), am on the Scouts Committee, and do all the normal things mums do and I am just at the end of mine.

You can do it - so go for it. Tons of help about on here!!!

childminder54
22-06-2008, 10:48 PM
thank you all for the kind replys a area support person came out to see myself and someone who i go and do the courses with and told us it was 2010 so she doesnt know everythink. sarah when was it changed.

veronicaxx:clapping: :clapping:

sarah707
23-06-2008, 06:51 AM
I just remember reading it - can't remember where or when, sorry! :D

nell57
23-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Since you haven't done much studying for a while I'd start with a level 2 as you can cross reference stuff over to level 3 and as someone said if you have a good assessor and mentor/tutor she will guide you through it.

NVQ's shouldn't involve lots of writing so don't get too hung up on it all.

Have you got funding sorted yet? - If not get on to your local CIS.

PM me if you need any help[/QUOTE]

This is excellent advice from Celine

I was in the same position, not really done any studying for 20 years at least, I know showing my age now. I was put staight onto lvl 3, not sure why and went into it totaly blind what was expected of me. I do wonder, even though i did get through it, if it would have been alot less stressful if I had started on lvl 2

Helen