PDA

View Full Version : Morton Michel insurance claim

Adiamond
24-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Evening everyone, I have had my very first non paying parent :( I have tried every which way I can to recover my money without success so have now got the ball rolling with my insurers.

I have taken their advice and suspended childcare this was 2 weeks ago, my case has been passed to their solicitors and I have been allocated a case worker. It's all moving very quickly.

I am just wondering if anyone has been through this and how the insurers try and recover the money and roughly how long it could take.

Thank you in advance xx

sarah707
24-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I had non paying parents and MM were very efficient and helpful and supported me at every turn.

I am sure they will do a good job for you too.

We are here to support you if you need us just ask xx :D

Adiamond
24-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks Sarah, I hope you got yours sorted.
I have had a nightmare since september, I really do hope it soon gets sorted I didn't realise childminders work 37 hours a week for free, this has really put me in 2 minds as to whether I want to carry on minding it has been such a stressful time :( The most annoying part is that some parents think it's just ok to bring their child into your home everyday let you feed/ change and keep them safe and then make every excuse/ sob story not to pay you!!! I honestly don't understand their thinking!!!!! xx

sarah707
24-11-2012, 09:30 PM
As soon as it happened to me I stopped being such a walkover - it was a real wake up call!!

Now I ask for money in advance, paid by a given day or I simply do not work... and I have had to put my policy into place more than once... funny how parents can produce cash when they need to go to work :laughing:

I always used to put the child first - and part of me still wants to - but to be honest I can't afford to do that any more.

Tighten up your policies and it won't happen again :thumbsup: :D

bunyip
24-11-2012, 09:37 PM
As soon as it happened to me I stopped being such a walkover - it was a real wake up call!!

Now I ask for money in advance, paid by a given day or I simply do not work... and I have had to put my policy into place more than once... funny how parents can produce cash when they need to go to work :laughing:

I always used to put the child first - and part of me still wants to - but to be honest I can't afford to do that any more.

Tighten up your policies and it won't happen again :thumbsup: :D

Actually Sarah I think you are putting the child first. Saying you'll only work with families who regard childcare as a first priority, and demanding respect as a childcarer sends a strong message about how important the children are. :thumbsup:

Adiamond
24-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I know exactly what you mean, ALL my parents have had newsletters regarding late pick ups, sickness, toilet training etc I really struggled to find something positive to put in it this time and this week I have sent letters out reminding them when their payment day is and a reminder that I do charge for all late payments, funnily enough all but one paid me on time :thumbsup:
The one that didn't pay on time is becoming a bit of a pain, I am feeling she is taking the michael with one thing and another, I gave her her next weeks invoice on friday and at the bottom I put that payment is due on MONDAY in bold and bigger font but I bet you she doesn't pay me on Monday and either she will say oh can I pay you Friday or not say anything at all and this will get on my nerves :panic: any advice????? xx

sarah707
24-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Invite her in for a chat about your contract and discuss your new fees policy at the same time - the one you are implementing very soon :D

Kiddleywinks
25-11-2012, 06:39 AM
The one that didn't pay on time is becoming a bit of a pain, I am feeling she is taking the michael with one thing and another, I gave her her next weeks invoice on friday and at the bottom I put that payment is due on MONDAY in bold and bigger font but I bet you she doesn't pay me on Monday and either she will say oh can I pay you Friday or not say anything at all and this will get on my nerves :panic: any advice????? xx

As you are with MM there is a clause in their contract that says about no fees, no childcare....
When she turns up on monday, if she doesn't have the money with her, refuse care, and point out where the nearest cash point is for her to take herself to...

If she says can I pay you Friday - I'm afraid not as your fees are due in advance
If you are ok with her paying on Friday - I will allow you to on this occasion, however the total due will now be £xx due to late fees

It's sad that we take on feelings of guilt when non paying/late paying parents don't take on the same guilt when they don't pay us on time. Bet your bottom dollar they'd be the first one jumping if they weren't paid on time!

I think Wibble currently has the set of hairy ones :laughing:

bunyip
25-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Tell them they can pay you absolutely anytime it suits them. And as soon as they've got round to it, that is exactly when you'll be having the child. :thumbsup:

blue bear
25-11-2012, 04:44 PM
"that's alright dear, enjoy your week home with little one won't you? Oh and do rembember you will still need to pay for this week won't you? Open the door for them to go, all the while smiling sweetly.