PDA

View Full Version : Resources for topics.. where do you store them?

MicheH
21-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi, i'm just at the very beginning of the registration process but i'm keen to 'get my head' around organisation, paperwork and planning etc.

I'm trying to sort out what files and folders I need to order. My big concern is where to store all of my resources that I gather for topics. I already have oodles of resources from my work in school so have that to sift through to see what is appropriate.

What do you use to store all your ideas and resources in? My kitchen cupboard is slightly smaller than storage i'm used to in my working environment! Any comments would be great. Thanks.

breezy
21-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Mines all in the ottoman in my bedroom, and the sideboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubybubbles
21-06-2008, 08:57 PM
I tend to leave them under my planning section I have put under my favoruites then pluck them as and when:D , saves printing it all out each time ohterwize ink would cost me loads, there is always so much stuff:laughing:

sarah707
21-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I've just done a massive prune of mine!

I have a shelving unit next to my computer and a whole shelf is dedicated to plastic wallets full of paper...

They are slightly less full now and I've got more stuff on the computer - well backed up on another computer and memory sticks! :D

Heaven Scent
21-06-2008, 09:50 PM
In baskets on the shelving unit in the garage all divided into catagories plus some in boxes in the loft with all my teaching materials. - plus what I have on my computer - It all drives my DH mad.

miffy
22-06-2008, 07:25 AM
In files on shelves in a bedroom, in piles on the floor, stuffed in cupboards, on top of the wardrobe AND on the computer!!!!!!!

Think I need to prune mine too!

miffy xx

Pauline
22-06-2008, 08:47 AM
In files on shelves in a bedroom, in piles on the floor, stuffed in cupboards, on top of the wardrobe AND on the computer!!!!!!!

Think I need to prune mine too!

miffy xx

Sounds like my mine Miffy! :rolleyes:

Tatia
22-06-2008, 09:53 AM
And mine! My husband has been complaining about having to move my stuff to eat dinner!

Donkey
22-06-2008, 05:43 PM
im planning on having a folder on my computer then having a rolling 2 year plan. so there will be year one with the months then year 2 and the months and then lever arch files with recipes or other none computer things I have found.

pretty sure I won't end up doing this but at least I thought about it lol

Chimps Childminding
22-06-2008, 08:51 PM
We put them in plastic popper wallets and then put these in a stacking box with a lid on which we store in the storage shed - we have put stuck a plastic pocket (one of those you use in ring binders) inside the front of the box with a pice of paper inside with a list of whats in the box and add to it when we put other things in!

butterfly
23-06-2008, 03:12 PM
i have topic boxes full of resources in the loft. my husband hates the first of the month change over when he has to get up there and get the new stuff down and put the old stuff up! i keep my planning in a lever arch file under months - quite like the idea of a two year rolling programme as i think 24 boxes in the loft is quite enough!!

Tatia
24-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Butterfly, you get your husband to get into the loft once a month?! I'm impressed! I finally got my husband to put the Xmas boxes away that have been stacked on the landing upstairs for...well, since January!:blush: