PDA

View Full Version : Displaying continuous provision details

Starfish007
23-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi, when I became accredited I was told to display 14 continuous provision area sheets, which included how each area met areas of learning and development: language to be used to enhance learning: permanent resources. When the revised EYFS came into effect my co-ordinator said I didn't need to adjust the displayed sheets and to just have labelled areas. I am now being told I need to do new sheets to meet revised EYFS. What do other accredited childminders do?

DickDock
23-11-2012, 10:22 PM
I don't display CP sheets. I have done CP sheets but they are in my folder alongside planning
to what purpose would this serve, who does it serve (your co-ordinators probably) or do you think your family would appreciate them:D

sarah707
23-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Mine all link to the 7 areas but they are not displayed :D

tashaleee
23-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Our area has never had these and Ive never heard of them before - would be interested in seeing what they look like though :thumbsup:

loocyloo
24-11-2012, 09:22 AM
they are on my list of things to do !!! but way way down!! :D

but not to display, just to add to my pile of papers and actually, in a perverse way, out of curiosity just to see how much CP i can make cover as many areas!!!

its not something i have to have or display as part of being accrediated.

mum24
24-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Our area has never had these and Ive never heard of them before - would be interested in seeing what they look like though :thumbsup:

Same here, I have been accredited almost two years now, and this has never been mentioned on any visit or training I have done. Would be interested how this is managed, I have hardly any display space as it is, and that is of photos of the children doing things, put at their eye level where they can see and talk about them. No words because they are all under 3, and can't read anyway. I do have lots of books in one of those display frames so they can see the covers. But never heard in a home setting about having posters up. I move furniture around anyway depending upon what we are doing. Display posters would just not work for me.

moggy
24-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Sounds like another example of someone (...the great 'They' who tell us all kinds of things we 'should' do) giving 'advise' that is not a requirement at all.
If these sheets are something you are interested in doing then great, personally I am not going to spend time on it. I know my resources cover all areas and can tell anyone about it who happens to want to know. I am accredited, it is nothing to do with accreditation.

Starfish007
25-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Ah I'm pleased to hear that you don't all do this, it takes up loads of wall space and I think its totally unecessary x