PDA

View Full Version : name of new website

lilac_dragon
23-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi everyone, there's been a couple of new websites posted on here recently.
It's something I've been thinking of doing, and my dd has volunteered to help me. Yay!
My childminding business has never had a name, except my own one and I could, I suppose, stick with that, but I feel I'd quite like a catchy name.

However - what to call it?
I have a few ideas for names, and as far as I know there are no childminders or Nurseries in the immediate area with those names, but if I found that my choice was the same as someone elses - would it be a problem? After all, there's only so many words in the world and we all use the same ones at some point.

What do you feel?

Buttonsjan
23-11-2012, 07:30 PM
I was the same, I fancied a name, I went with Buttons Childminding. It was a name I liked but no-one here has a similar name and more importantly the www of Buttons Childminding (http://www.buttonschildminding.co.uk) was available.

lilac_dragon
23-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I was the same, I fancied a name, I went with Buttons Childminding. It was a name I liked but no-one here has a similar name and more importantly the www of Buttons Childminding (http://www.buttonschildminding.co.uk) was available.

Thanks Jan, - and I had a look at your website, very nice.

loocyloo
24-11-2012, 09:13 AM
i'm very boring ... i just use my name! i didn't want parents to have remember more than that!

i just have my name & my area as my www! it means it comes up quite quick in google searches!

pauline, who used to own the forum made mine (and hosts it) and i love it! parents often comment on it.

in the list of pages in the pink bit on the top, click on childminding help, then 'need your own website' is about 2/3s way down the list on the lefthand side.

lilac_dragon
24-11-2012, 05:17 PM
i'm very boring ... i just use my name! i didn't want parents to have remember more than that!

i just have my name & my area as my www! it means it comes up quite quick in google searches!

pauline, who used to own the forum made mine (and hosts it) and i love it! parents often comment on it.

in the list of pages in the pink bit on the top, click on childminding help, then 'need your own website' is about 2/3s way down the list on the lefthand side.

Thanks Loocyloo, I've had a quick look and it looks good. I'll investigate it more when I have some time ove r the Chrstmas hols.
Thanks for the link