PDA

View Full Version : filling in contracts etc?

kindredspirits
21-06-2008, 08:41 PM
hi everyone,
probably a stupid question but its been going through my mind what to do when i get a parent round to sign contracts - obviously we go through the contract and fill it all in, do we go through my policies first?? i've got about 35 pages so it would take a while, but surely they should know my policies before signing a contract? or do i ask them to take them home and read through them in their own time???

slightly nervous and confused.
anna xx:blush:

sarah707
21-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I invite them round and warn them it will take a while.

I put the kettle on and play with their little one while they read ... then we sit together and sign stuff.

I don't send things home as I rarely get them back - plus I've had people come, take my stuff away and never return ... one woman actually set up as a minder with my paperwork! :eek:

Good luck with the process :D

Heaven Scent
21-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Ditto - don't send anything home - have you ever had policies from your childrens schools or nurseries etc. - bet you haven't and they work on larger budgets than us.

miffy
22-06-2008, 07:10 AM
I do give parents a copy of all my policies and procedures but only once all contracts are signed.

It's up to you what you want to do

miffy xx

crazybones
22-06-2008, 07:36 AM
I do give parents a copy of all my policies and procedures but only once all contracts are signed.

It's up to you what you want to do

miffy xx

Me too. :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
22-06-2008, 07:43 AM
thanks :o i think my brain is working overtime, would rather be doing it than thinking about it!

manjay
22-06-2008, 08:03 AM
When parents first visit they get my prospectus which gives ALL the important info I want them to know before they decide to take up a place with me. It also gives a short snippet of each of my required policies. My full policies and procedures are availalable at this visit for them to look at if they want to. I send them away with this to look at and then if they go ahead they come back to sign contracts and get a copy of all policies. they are printed in very small font and on both sides of the paper so doesn't look too big.

Jinx
22-06-2008, 09:03 AM
I invite them round and warn them it will take a while.

I put the kettle on and play with their little one while they read ... then we sit together and sign stuff.

I don't send things home as I rarely get them back - plus I've had people come, take my stuff away and never return ... one woman actually set up as a minder with my paperwork! :eek:

Good luck with the process :D

Oh My God!!!!!
What a nerve! :angry:

Jinx x

MissTinkerbell
22-06-2008, 10:23 AM
I did my first contract on Friday. Mum had been round on Tuesday and she had my Welcome Pack to look at. My website also has a list of policies and procedures.

When they came to do the contracts I sent her home with a copy of the important policies to keep - we were told to do this on our ICP course. My friend also gave me a list of the policies her childminder had given her (she got an Outstanding on her recent Ofsted).

Mum signed the contract, filled in Information sheets and signed permission slips. She's going to sign for the policies and read the rest when her and her daughter come back for the first settling in session.