PDA

View Full Version : I love having a parent who's a teacher

JCrakers
23-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Mum of 22m old turned up yesterday with 3 post-it notes of her sons wow moments at home, dated and ready for me to put in his LJ :thumbsup:

I didn't ask her to, she just did it

She's a reception teacher so she's on the ball with eyfs.....love it :D

eddie
23-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Awww. One of my teacher Mom's is like this - its lovely that they are so interested in the development of their LO!

hectors house
23-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I sent home 2 months ago little postcards addressed to me with "look what I can do now" heading on - still waiting to get ANY back - also sent home update to "All about me" forms - only had back 2 out of 4 - the 2 i'm waiting for, one parent is a secondary school teacher and the other is a TA in a middle school - maybe I need to advertise for primary school teachers!

eddie
23-11-2012, 01:05 PM
I sent home 2 months ago little postcards addressed to me with "look what I can do now" heading on - still waiting to get ANY back - also sent home update to "All about me" forms - only had back 2 out of 4 - the 2 i'm waiting for, one parent is a secondary school teacher and the other is a TA in a middle school - maybe I need to advertise for primary school teachers!

Nah, my other Mom is also a primary school teacher - and is like yours :laughing:

nipper
23-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Now you've just given me a great idea. When you sign contracts and send home your policies and procedures pack, hand over a block of post it notes. When parents ask what they're for you can then say, these are for...I'm sure that you would be able to to get them personalised somewhere like on vista print

Possible headings might include:
"This is what I can do now..."
"Wow" moments...
"I have just..."

Daisy De
23-11-2012, 01:49 PM
I have a potential parent coming this afternoon at 4 who is a reception teacher so I am thinking she will know all about the EYFS, hope I do :blush:

Any tips from anyone with teacher parents?

Great idea about the post it notes Nipper :)

The Juggler
23-11-2012, 01:56 PM
i have an early years teacher too who does the same - it's brilliant. Also last time i sent LJ home with the feedback sheet for parents she wrote 2 pages of input for me! :clapping:

nipper
23-11-2012, 01:57 PM
I have two set of teacher parents, soon to be three in a weeks time.

LittleVoice
23-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Before I became a childminder, I used one for my daughter. I used to send post it notes in about wow moments but she never really seemed bothered about it. My daughter even took a phot of her in when she was a baby in hospital as she was born with gastroschisis and we had talked about it at home and she wanted to tell ehr childminder but again she wasnt bothered. I was so disappointed that I had to change minders as she just never seemed interested in her interests yet she had an outstanding rating! :eek:

barbarella68
23-11-2012, 08:38 PM
One of my parents is a newly qualified Ofsted inspector Lol. She actually told me last week to be honest a bit shocked as she never even said she was training,so I waiting for her input.She is a very relaxed parent.
I am certainly going to be using her for questions etc to see if she knows the answers.
I don't know if it's a good or bad thing having teachers/Ofsted Inspectors as the parents?

Candy apple
24-11-2012, 11:23 AM
i have a book and i write in with when the baby is with me, his mummy writes in it at the weekend or in the week. I can not imagine trying to look after a baby without his mamas advice so it must be very hard when their mums dont write anything. i would be scared to work for an ofsted inspector, i would feel they were always watching me to make sure i obeyed the rules.

loocyloo
24-11-2012, 02:17 PM
my father in laws partner is an ofsted inspector!

she is lovely - very firm and knows what she likes, but open to suggestion & discussion. she says she would hate to inspect childminders as she thinks the inspection process is too much/intense for childminders, but equally, says, a good childminder is up to it!

miss mopple
24-11-2012, 09:04 PM
I provide these for my parents and am lucky as they do return them :thumbsup:

Ballette
26-11-2012, 09:05 AM

These are really lovely :)

miss mopple
26-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks Ballete. Feel free to use or adapt them if they help :)

eddie
27-11-2012, 09:35 AM

They are brilliant - thank you for sharing! I love this forum and the way everyone shares (shame I am rubbish and yet to produce anything anyone would want to use :blush:)