PDA

View Full Version : running out of ideas

jashol
23-11-2012, 11:52 AM
hi,all

am really running out of ideas on what to put on my weekly planning not the planning part at all but in the part where it asks "events or tasks this week" ive had sharing week as i have a child in my care who found this really hard , ive had an halloween events ive also planned more bigger play groups to help another child who didnt like to be around more than 3 children at any one time

mindingmummy08
23-11-2012, 12:59 PM
This is why I don't do weekly planning, I have a termly plan in each lj. The younger ones its a simple spider chart with each area and a couple of ideas in each bit eg. Physical dev- Mark making- firework pictures with chalk. The older ones have a chart with weeks across the top and areas of dev down the side and I put a couple of activities in each area but I don't fill every area for every week.

Then we fly by the seat of our pants. I had in my diary that this week was road safety week so on wednesday I printed some activties for thursday and we did them. I just decided today that we'll do some role play next week.

I found if I plan for every week in advance I end up not doing things or swapping it around and that would mean my plans didn't match the daily diaries.

December I'll just get out different crafts based on how we're feeling that day, if its cold and wet and windy like yesterday we might snuggle up and make christmas biscuits for example.

I have a basic idea of my planning but I go with the flow. All of mine have colds this week so thye've not felt up to much physically.

Maybe adapt your planning sheets so you don't have to put in an event/task of the week.

sarah707
23-11-2012, 01:04 PM
hi,all

am really running out of ideas on what to put on my weekly planning not the planning part at all but in the part where it asks "events or tasks this week" ive had sharing week as i have a child in my care who found this really hard , ive had an halloween events ive also planned more bigger play groups to help another child who didnt like to be around more than 3 children at any one time

Who says that your planning sheet has to have a section called 'events or tasks this week' on it??

Certainly not Ofsted... someone has produced the planning sheet as an example of what you might want to use.

if it's not working for you, try something else!! There are hundreds of examples out there. :thumbsup:

I do monthly planning for the group... an overview of what we might do.

My weekly planning tends to be mostly individual with some group activities mostly planned by and for the older children.

I have talked about it this morning on my blog -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/observation-planning/111355-planning-eyfs-some-advice.html

Hth :D

The Juggler
23-11-2012, 02:02 PM
my weekly planning is a statement of regular routines, continuous resources, routines during the day

in the gaps between breakfast, lunch or school runs it says that we will either go on an outing (toddlers/library/children's centre) or at home, will access continuous resources or planned activities as per group and individual planning sheets for that month/term.

i rarely make ANY changes to this weekly planning and just its just the planning for next steps which changes.

jashol
23-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Who says that your planning sheet has to have a section called 'events or tasks this week' on it??

Certainly not Ofsted... someone has produced the planning sheet as an example of what you might want to use.

if it's not working for you, try something else!! There are hundreds of examples out there. :thumbsup:

I do monthly planning for the group... an overview of what we might do.

My weekly planning tends to be mostly individual with some group activities mostly planned by and for the older children.

I have talked about it this morning on my blog -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/observation-planning/111355-planning-eyfs-some-advice.html

Hth :D

hi, my local childminding advisor told me to use it i was using one which i really loved as it showed me the different variety of things i was doing i.e small world,dressing up,crafts,ect which was really good as nothing was getting left behind i hate this one been doing it 3 months now and it is stressing me out more trying to thing of events/themes :(

toddlers896
23-11-2012, 05:26 PM
i dont write any planning down. Its all in my head. I dont see the point in doing more paperwork if i dont need to.
Maybe this is wrong but i will keep doing it this way until somebody tells me ime doing it wrong.
I have a daily diary and i write where we have been everyday and any activities we have done but no planning sheets!:eek:

loocyloo
23-11-2012, 05:46 PM
hi, my local childminding advisor told me to use it i was using one which i really loved as it showed me the different variety of things i was doing i.e small world,dressing up,crafts,ect which was really good as nothing was getting left behind i hate this one been doing it 3 months now and it is stressing me out more trying to thing of events/themes :(

go back to using the one you were using!

make a note somewhere/on SEF if doing, to say you tried a different style of weekly planning and it really didn't work for you, so you are going back to the one that did!

my weekly planning is similar to jugglers ... i write down school runs/clubs etc, outings to toddlers, childrens centre and then anything else i've vaguely planned such as feeding ducks, going for a walk, getting the dark den out etc. if plans change during the week/day or we do something totally different ( like today, i had planned a forest walk and the LO wanted to go on a bus! ) i put a line through what was there and write what we did instead ( and sometimes why! )

at the bottom of my weekly plan that has a box that lists all the activities that are constantly available - inside/outside etc

mushpea
23-11-2012, 08:16 PM
I stopped doing planning for a while because I felt I was doing far too much paper work and most of the time I would cross things out and put in what the children choose to do that day instead but my CO said that ofsted would frown apon me haveing no written plans so i started up again, its very adhoc and most things are just the groups we go to or I put on there go for a walk which we do each day anyway, somtimes i do a theme but normally when the kids turn up on a monday I see what they want to do then go from there, some days, especialy school holidays, i fill it in at the end of the week and just make it look like I've planned because I would rather do what the childrne would like to do than I would make them do stuff I've planed for them. I was honest about this with ofsted last time and they seemed fine with it.