PDA

View Full Version : what do u think

little kingdom
23-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I have got a 2yr old starting in dec and noticed that she likes to see what fits in what like the play food and tubs she liked so i had a thought that when she starts getting some bits to do fine motor skills please say if u think this is silly but was trying to think of things to use round the house ive got a milk cartoon washed out ob and some crisps that the children dont like so was gonna give her the crisps and say do u think these will fit in here and take a couple of pics plus it can make a good shaker afterwards is this silly and what else does it cover apart from fine motor skills

AnneS
23-11-2012, 10:07 AM
what about making your own sensory tubes? get some clear plastic tubes with lids and put bells in one, feathers in one, some glitter water etc?

get her to help pour drinks from jug to cups

little kingdom
23-11-2012, 10:59 AM
what about making your own sensory tubes? get some clear plastic tubes with lids and put bells in one, feathers in one, some glitter water etc?

get her to help pour drinks from jug to cups

Good idea im gonna try that im sure ive got it in a book somewhere but what are the benifits for sensory?

hectors house
23-11-2012, 01:31 PM
I have got a 2yr old starting in dec and noticed that she likes to see what fits in what like the play food and tubs she liked so i had a thought that when she starts getting some bits to do fine motor skills please say if u think this is silly but was trying to think of things to use round the house ive got a milk cartoon washed out ob and some crisps that the children dont like so was gonna give her the crisps and say do u think these will fit in here and take a couple of pics plus it can make a good shaker afterwards is this silly and what else does it cover apart from fine motor skills

If that was my 2 year old mindee, she would just eat the crisps - they would fit in her mouth just nicely. How about non food items like clothes pegs, wooden bricks, dry pasta or rice?

little kingdom
23-11-2012, 04:48 PM
If that was my 2 year old mindee, she would just eat the crisps - they would fit in her mouth just nicely. How about non food items like clothes pegs, wooden bricks, dry pasta or rice?

pasta is a better idea thanks ill give it go and see how it plans out

Candy apple
24-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Good idea im gonna try that im sure ive got it in a book somewhere but what are the benifits for sensory?

i used one point plastic milk bottles to do this, the baby loves it and it even has a little handel. I glued on the lid so the stuff wouldnt come out and used pasta and rice and other stuff to make noises.

Candy apple
24-11-2012, 11:29 AM
i'm sorry i did that wrong, still learning. :blush: it was meant to reply to the sensory tubes one.

little kingdom
24-11-2012, 01:49 PM
i'm sorry i did that wrong, still learning. :blush: it was meant to reply to the sensory tubes one.

Were all learning with one thing or another def gonna do pasta maybe some rice ill keep water bottles aswell i think have a range of different shakers:)