PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holidays!!!

jellyelly
22-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Hello lovely childminding friends,

I am currently trying to work out my holidays for next year! I was just wondering what you all do about bank holidays? Do you charge or not charge? I have put in my contracts that I do not open, I have no mindees on Mondays but I'm unsure what to do about those that fall on a week day?
Thanks xx

alwaysright
22-11-2012, 09:48 PM
i charge full fees for bank holidays that fall on a contracted day and i dont open

cathtee
22-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Me too, i charge for bank holidays except xmas day and boxing day and new years day I don't open either.

Pixie dust
22-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't charge for bank holidays as I don't want to work bank holidays. You have to do what works best for you.

Daisy De
22-11-2012, 11:02 PM
For 18 years I charged for Bank Holidays but didn't work them, sometimes parents didn't like it but I never lost anyone because of it.

However, about a year ago I stopped charging, it doesn't sit right with me anymore, I don't want to work so don't feel comfortable charging. Not sure why but I do bang on about if my service is available and parents choose not to use it they pay, if the service is not available they don't pay. With that covering every other eventuality I found myself struggling to justify payment for bank holidays.

Each to their own of course, its your business so you must do what you feel comfortable with.

Maybe I'm just going soft :laughing:

rickysmiths
23-11-2012, 12:38 AM
I say I am prepared to work all BH with a min 4 weeks notice.

I charge double fee except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years day and Easter Monday which are triple fee.

If I am not required to work then they pay normal fee if the BH falls on a contracted day.

Chimps Childminding
23-11-2012, 09:27 AM
I don't want to work BH as DH is off, so I choose not to charge! I guess you mean the BH around Christmas as apart from Good Friday most others are on Monday - if so I guess you need to decide whether you are prepared to work those days (albeit for an enhanced rate) or whether you tell parents you are not working, and then decide whether to charge or not - TBH everyone has their own way of doing it, there isn't a right or wrong way just whichever suits you best :thumbsup:

Not really any help am I :rolleyes:

Jo Jo
23-11-2012, 10:33 AM
i don't charge either as i don't work bank holidays

jellyelly
23-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Thank you everyone! I think I'm going to not charge for any that fall on a contracted day but tell the parents that I have 4 weeks plus bank holidays! As I forgot that this year, oops!!

eddie
23-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't charge but sometimes I say I am available for working them at a higher rate. Some I won't work ie usually Christmas but others I'm not bothered about and it can be a good earner.

jackie 7
23-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I charge 1/2 rate for bank hols and for my holidays, full if parents go away outside my holidays.