PDA

View Full Version : Was I right to send him home?

melco
22-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Lo arrived this morning and mum said he has been up in the night but does not know whether he unwell or just really over tired.

Anyway he slept for 15mins when he arrived and we did the school run and he was quiet but ok. When we got back he was crying but like he was in pain and his hands were shaking, it worried me but he then fell asleep. He only slept for 30 mins and then when he woke he was not a happy bunny and the only way he would stop crying was if I held him in my arms.

He then fell asleep for another 30mins but it was a fitfull sleep, he kept jumping and waking himself up. I tried to give him some lunch but he only had half a sandwich and started to cry again. If he is on medication his mum brings it in the morning and signs to say that he can have it but as she did not supply any I could not give him anything. Also he did not have a temp as checked and it was 37.9. In the end I decided he was best off at home. Mum was fine about it but am still wondering if I did the right thing. I could cope with him but more children were due to arrive and doing the school run I felt that would not help.

Basically I don't send home for coughs and colds but felt this lo was not well and not sure what was wrong with him, have I done the right thing sending him home?

Thanks

melco

samb
22-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Poor thing - sounded like he was really poorly and wouldn't have been at all fair to have him on school run or with others there. You definitely did the right thing. I say if they can't join in with usual daily routine (in a more lenient way of course) then they are too poorly to be here.

Chimps Childminding
22-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Poor thing - sounded like he was really poorly and wouldn't have been at all fair to have him on school run or with others there. You definitely did the right thing. I say if they can't join in with usual daily routine (in a more lenient way of course) then they are too poorly to be here.

Yes I agree!!! He obviously wasn't himself and as Samb said if a child isn't well enough to join in with whatever we are doing, be it activities or school run, they are better off at home :thumbsup:

Boris
22-11-2012, 05:05 PM
It's always a tough call. I sent a LO home yesterday who was full of cold but just lying on me crying all morning. The minute dad arrived he was full of beans and laughing. I felt like a right plonker. Good job his dad heard him crying when I rang him otherwise I would have looked a complete liar! Children go up and down so quickly. Don't worry!

melco
22-11-2012, 09:45 PM
It's always a tough call. I sent a LO home yesterday who was full of cold but just lying on me crying all morning. The minute dad arrived he was full of beans and laughing. I felt like a right plonker. Good job his dad heard him crying when I rang him otherwise I would have looked a complete liar! Children go up and down so quickly. Don't worry!

Well I text to see how he was and when he got home he had a big poo, sighed with relief and was fine after that so they think that may have been the problem. I felt stupid but they said that they did not know what it was and knew he was in distress and so they were still fine with me sending him home.