PDA

View Full Version : Bring it on....lol

JCrakers
22-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Come on ofsted, look what I've made this morning!!!!! Fresh new labels for boxes :D

Not enough literacy in my setting?????.....well, there is now :laughing:

Ooh, I feel good now, just got to stick them on so they stay on

mum24
22-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Come on ofsted, look what I've made this morning!!!!! Fresh new labels for boxes :D

Not enough literacy in my setting?????.....well, there is now :laughing:

Ooh, I feel good now, just got to stick them on so they stay on

Yes, the getting them to stay on is a challenge, if you find a way please let me know....I have given up, mine get pulled off and walked around with, like they are some kind of precious treasure...:)

WibbleWobble
22-11-2012, 01:19 PM
yah boo sucks to ofsted eh?

look great btw

love wibble xxx

eddie
22-11-2012, 01:21 PM
They look really good! Need to finish mine off.............

AnneS
22-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I cant see it at the moment but i have also just made a load of labels. ive stapled them onto material boxes (which will obv be checked regulary), selotapped to plastic boxes and tied with ribbon round my dress up rack..

I don't think I have enough literacy stuff around as ive only really got that and the box full of books so its an area im focusing on at the moment.

JCrakers
22-11-2012, 01:25 PM
:( Just realised Ive used the wrong font as the 'a' isnt an 'a' iykwim....:angry:

Oh never mind, I'm not doing them again!! Hope no one notices and the kids cant read anyway..... :blush:

silvermist
22-11-2012, 01:43 PM
They look fab, well done you. All my stuff is labelled like that, words and pictures. Ive found the best way to stick them is with double sided tape, theyve never come off yet! :thumbsup:

Daisy De
22-11-2012, 01:46 PM
I have some very similar, loved making them, different fonts, different colours, finding pictures of exactly what was in each box or drawer. Then after printing them off I laminated them all, I laminate anything that moves, sooooooo good :happy banana:

I so need to get out more :blush:

toddlers896
22-11-2012, 01:53 PM
they are fab - another great idea:clapping::jump for joy:

rickysmiths
22-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Stick on velcro spots are good because it is easy to swap the labels if you need and there is nothing to hurt the children if they do pull them off.

To be honest labels isn't the answer to this and we are all reacting to one Ofsted report about a setting we don't know and we don't know why this suggestion was made to enrich that cms setting.

Personally I think it goes deeper than labels and I for one won't be putting on any more than I already have. The younger children can't read them I put them on so I can find stuff! Mind like a sieve.

The labels are fine if you help them to make the connection between the word/symbol and the object. This can be done in many may other than just labels and in reality Ofsted will be looking for evidence of all aspects not just a few labels.

If there are ***s after the Velcro they have starred out 'spots' :laughing:

nipper
22-11-2012, 02:10 PM
JCrakers where did you get the pictures from, they look really good. I didn't have any labels for my inspection in February this year and nothing was mentioned. Think I might do some for the schoolies so they know where to put the toys when they tidy up!

JCrakers
22-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Agree Ricky.

But I had an inspection in sept from my LA as I offer FEEE and she said she would like to see words as well as pictures on my boxes so I've got round to doing them today.

When she comes round I can stand there with my eyelashes fluttering and say ' look, do you like my labels you told me to do' :laughing:

Then when I have crawled back out of her posterior she will be soooo pleased with me :thumbsup:

hectors house
22-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I just photographed my toys in their boxes and stuck picture on outside of boxes with sticky backed plastic (doesn't work very well on the canvas boxes), I then use the same pictures laminated for children to choose which toys they would like to play with which they stick on the "What shall we play with today" board which is part of the "Who has come to play today" self registration board. I have got words and pictures but writing is quite small - need to re photograph my resources though as have had a sort out and re-organised some of the boxes and have bought some more toys (but don't tell my hubby - he has threatened to take my photo to the charity shops and tell them not to serve me)!

Bananabrain
22-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Agree Ricky.

But I had an inspection in sept from my LA as I offer FEEE and she said she would like to see words as well as pictures on my boxes so I've got round to doing them today.

When she comes round I can stand there with my eyelashes fluttering and say ' look, do you like my labels you told me to do' :laughing:

Then when I have crawled back out of her posterior she will be soooo pleased with me :thumbsup:

I agree too!
The fact that 1 in 3 children have no books at home may have something to do with low literacy levels methinks!

Ripeberry
22-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Waste of paper, ink and laminating pouches. I got a lot of see through boxes and I'm just going to write on them with permanent marker pen. There! The kids can see the toys and they have some words...job done :rolleyes:

SYLVIA
22-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I had mine beautifully labelled with photo and wording laminated and attached with velcro. Until the next group of LO's started and they ripped them all off. So my plan s now when Ofsted are coming I will stick them all back on, as we all know what's in the boxes but Ofsted obviously don't!

miffy
22-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Our children's centre have labels on all their boxes - every time we go one of my children pulls them all off! :laughing: think it would drive me mad if I had the same at home!

Yours look lovely though, hope your do appreciates your efforts :D

Miffy xx

watgem
23-11-2012, 07:47 AM
lovely:)love your tablecloth too:)xxx

sarah707
23-11-2012, 09:01 AM
I have baskets rather than boxes - so mine are hole punched and tied on with string.

Yours look lovely!! :clapping: :D

PixiePetal
23-11-2012, 09:11 AM
I have trofast and a child who pulls labels off - am going to make holes in box and use string if I can :rolleyes:

mainly so children can see what goes where at tidy up time than anything :) we look at words in the wider environment all the time - signs/adverts and so many books here I have to rotate them :blush: