PDA

View Full Version : storage drawers

Happystay
22-11-2012, 10:06 AM
At my FCCERS results I was told I need a personal storage space for each child eg a drawer what do other people use?That doesnt take up to much room.I need to put in their Learning journal and pictures ,drawings and such so they can excess it themselves.

jadavi
22-11-2012, 10:11 AM
This certainly isn't a requirement but a well meaning suggestion to help you. it certainly wouldn't work for me.
You could react by thinking why do I or don't I like this suggestion and then how will I implement what I do want.

sarah707
22-11-2012, 11:32 AM
My children have a shelf where they put coats, shoes, bags and artwork. We are lucky we have a big entrance area where we can put a tall shelving unit.

The have regular access to their LJs but not free access! I can just imagine little one climbing and getting hold of older child's LJ! :panic:

If it doesn't work for you then, as Jadavi suggests, evaluate and explain why.

Hth :D

JulieA
22-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I have a little three drawer unit on wheels (it is a plastic one from Tesco) which is kept in the hallway (and moved to the playroom when not working.

I have little photos of each child and allocate a drawer each for shoes, coats, bags, etc. The photos change throughout the week depending on who is in that day.

As the unit is the other side of the stair gate (which blocks access to the stairs and the front door) then not freely accessed by the children, but rather supervised access.

elaineg
22-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Hi I have little plastic baskets with their names on, who ever is here that day I put their basket in the porch and they can put their things in it, including the after school children who put in their reading folders and packed lunch boxes.

Elaine x

vdubnut
22-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I have an Ikea trofast unit and each child (full timer ) has their own box , they're great really strong and colourful